Payment of on-board account

CrosNest

When completing on-line check in I am required to input credit card details and a daily holding sum will be requested in advance.  When it comes to payment time am I able to utilise a different card? The reason for this question is that I have a multi currency debit card, which will be pre loaded with dollars, but this could not be used for a holding sum, but using my credit card would incur transaction charges.  Any advice appreciated.

A couple of notes here.

A debit card can be used for online check in. The hold is not placed on your account until the first day of the cruise.

If you wish, you can select the cash option and provide the debit card to the front desk when you arrive.

If you use your credit card for online check in, the hold will be placed for the entire cruise. If you change to another card (credit or debit) a hold will be placed on that card for however many days remain on your cruise.

If you buy on board credit ahead of time it will not change the amount of the hold.

• Like 1

On 9/12/2023 at 12:48 PM, richwmn said:

A couple of notes here.

A debit card can be used for online check in. The hold is not placed on your account until the first day of the cruise.

If you wish, you can select the cash option and provide the debit card to the front desk when you arrive.

If you use your credit card for online check in, the hold will be placed for the entire cruise. If you change to another card (credit or debit) a hold will be placed on that card for however many days remain on your cruise.

If you buy on board credit ahead of time it will not change the amount of the hold.

That’s really helpful, thanks so much, I will go with selecting cash and then providing card on arrival 👍🏻