Ruby Princess Questions [drink/dining]

numnums

Hi, I’m thinking of trying princess for the first time for the California ports next year, I’m seeing that some people can get milkshakes or it’s not available.

Has anyone recently been able to get milkshakes or any of the milkshake variety in princess? Do they have smoothies as well that is like a classic fruit smoothie and not those super fitness smoothies?

is Sushi also included in the package ? I’m thinking about getting the plus/premier.

Do you also feel like the ship is relatively clean? Very good hygiene practices?

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

I'd like to know also. 

It doesn't appear so from what I see right now.

That's very unfortunate. I've been using the search function and been getting very different answers. I see that there is the new dessert, which is probably the closest thing you could ask for? 

I don't want to seem dramatic but It would very much be a make it or break it moment for me, On my last celebrity E ship the drinks were very lacking. I just want to relax with a nice hearty milkshake or smoothie. I don't want a party atmosphere either or lots of kids, but it is what it is! I see a lot of other lines having milkshake/smoothie deficiency as well. 

I'll answer your last question question first. A few weeks from now the Ruby is going to dry/wet dock for almost a month. The link below has lots of information.

You may be able to get a fruit smoothie at some bars with or without alcohol. They would be included with the plus and premier fares. It has been reported that pre-prepared smoothies have been available at times in the buffet. Here is what Princess says:

"Our Plus Beverage Package includes the classics: sodas, specialty coffees and teas, cocktails, spirits, wine and beer up to $15 each. Even hot chocolate, water to go, smoothies and an unlimited juice bar. You’ll also enjoy 25% off all bottles of wine. Whatever you want – with tips included!"

Milkshakes are not mentioned. They may or may not be available at coffee & cones on the Lido deck.

At times there may be sushi in the buffet. There is no sushi bar on the Ruby now, and I don't believe one would be added. In the past you could get sushi at Vines with the purchase of a drink. Now Vines has a cold plate casual dining meal and no sushi. The Ocean Now app may have sushi. You would have to look once on board. Here is what is included in the plus and premier fares:

https://www.princess.com/cruise-deals-promotions/plus-premier-cruise-packages/