World points and bidding for upgrade. Ever win?

mscdivina2016

Long discussion on another thread on how the algorithm may work. I am just curious and would appreciate it if you would indulge me.

Has anyone ever won a bid to a better category using 30,000 or 60,000 points for upgrade then have gone on to win a bid?

I personally have using a double upgrade but I did not win it by moving the needle.  Mine was with live bidding.

• Like 1

We won a family suite on the Star a year ago.  We had booked the cruise in june 2020 using 30,000 points.  Meta upgrade from oceanview to balcony and then $560 x2 upgrade advantage to family suite (495 square feet).  Because we booked during height of covid, at the end we paid less than others with an oceanview cabin.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ronheg said:

We won a family suite on the Star a year ago.  We had booked the cruise in june 2020 using 30,000 points.  upgrade from oceanview to balcony and then $560 x2 upgrade advantage to family suite (495 square feet).  Because we booked during height of covid, at the end we paid less than others with an oceanview cabin.

Very nice. Thanks for posting.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/16/2023 at 6:51 AM, mscdivina2016 said:

Very nice. Thanks for posting.

It's been two weeks and not a single person has reported that they won a bid into Haven after using points from an inside to Balcony or Ocean view to Balcony the conventional way.  (Moving the needle)

This makes it appear that what you paid originally has bearing on bidding.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

It's been two weeks and not a single person has reported that they won a bid into Haven after using points from an inside to Balcony or Ocean view to Balcony the conventional way.  (Moving the needle)

This makes it appear that what you paid originally has bearing on bidding.

I have a bid in for my upcoming cruise on November 2nd.  I purchased an OV and spent 30K to move up to a balcony.  Fingers crossed!

• Like 1