Norwegian Getaway Roll Call Quandry

For three days I've been trying to get on the Norwegian Getaway Roll Call for the October 22, 2023, cruise from Southampton to New York. (I recently booked that cruise and immediately signed on to Cruise Critic as it had been so helpful with two pre-pandemic cruises.) There's a heading/title for the cruise in the Roll Call forum BUT all the posts are random, old and have nothing to do with the October 22nd cruise.  I'd like to connect with anyone booked for that cruise, learn from them, make dinner or tour arrangements, etc. But so far it's been impossible. Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?  If so, please share them. Thanks.

16 minutes ago, JanEIK said:

For three days I've been trying to get on the Norwegian Getaway Roll Call for the October 22, 2023, cruise from Southampton to New York. (I recently booked that cruise and immediately signed on to Cruise Critic as it had been so helpful with two pre-pandemic cruises.) There's a heading/title for the cruise in the Roll Call forum BUT all the posts are random, old and have nothing to do with the October 22nd cruise.  I'd like to connect with anyone booked for that cruise, learn from them, make dinner or tour arrangements, etc. But so far it's been impossible. Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?  If so, please share them. Thanks.

Go to the end of the thread and post a hello. The thread is quite active. Try reading starting around

A roll call is just a thread so like others on CC many interests can be mentioned.

Edited by broberts

44 minutes ago, JanEIK said:

@JanEIK welcome back to Cruise Critic!

Click here for your Roll Call: Norwegian GETAWAY TRANSATLANTIC - OCTOBER 22, 2023 - LONDON TO NEW YORK

Please note it is a very loooong thread started on November 11, 2022. So far, there are 38 pages of posts with the more recent posts being toward the end. Read through the whole thread to get to know the other Cruise Critic members sailing with you. The specific Roll Call thread for your cruise is the ONLY place on the Cruise Critic message boards where you and your fellow Roll Call thread members are allowed to post personal ads about sharing private tours, excursions or transportation with each other to save money. There is a "captive audience" there since you are all sailing together! Your fellow Roll Call thread members may have important information posted in your Roll Call thread. Especially those that have sailed your line, ship or itinerary before. Also, they may already have posted share requests that may interest you.

Read through the whole thread to get to know the other Cruise Critic members sailing with you. Use the blue Reply to this topic button to post an introductory post about yourself on the Roll Call. If you want to address a particular post already in the thread, be sure to use the Quote feature on that post as I did yours so all will be aware of what your post concerns. You type your reply UNDER the light blue quote box then click the blue Submit Reply button.

Also, suggest you use the Follow feature on any threads where you are interested in the new replies. That way you will not have to go looking to see if there are new posts because they will come looking for you as notifications! If you need information on how to do it, please click here: How to: Follow Topics & Forums (Subscribed Threads/Forums Info)

Hope this additional information will be helpful and glad to have you back aboard Cruise Critic!

Happy sails,

Host Kat

13 minutes ago, JanEIK said:

Thank you! I misread some of the posts .... and feel like an idiot for posting this. Sorry.

Hi, JanELK!  Here's the link to the last page of the thread, too. 

Please join us!  We have 8 spots left for our Meet & Greet which will be on the first sea day.  Please post if you want to be added  and we'll give you all the details.