One Night in Phillipsburg

Mrs_Tiki

To tag onto a similar topic, we are looking for a hotel for one night before our SD cruise leaving from Phillipsburg on March 10. We would welcome any suggestions and would appreciate any experience that you might share re Holland House, Divi Beach Club, Hilton resorts, etc.

Our only other pre-cruise experience was on SXM was at a popular all-inclusive adult-only resort adjacent to Maho Beach. While it was a lovely property and offered an all-inclusive plan that was attractive, I acquired a “food-borne pathogen” that persisted through our cruise and beyond that I would not like to repeat!

Re SXM: We have stayed at Divi, Allegra,and Ocean Pte.pre-cruise.  I liked Divi, husband didn't (don't know why but they did try to sell us a timeshare.). Had a nice bar area with live music (loved that! ), nice beach and pool. Ocean pointe (the all-inclusive you may be referencing) was relaxing, convenient to Maho bars/restaurants, and we had no food-related problems.  Holland House is well-located, has ocean-front beach and relaxing bar/restaurant, great people-watching place, center of shopping area, but no pool.

• Thanks 1

Thanks @cabosal1! Our travel agent had initially recommended La Sammana, but I thought the price was outrageous for a quick overnight. We were leaning towards Holland House, as we would be able to walk to Mass only a few blocks away prior to heading to the ship, but they have a two-night minimum.

I appreciate your remarks about Divi and will look into that. The TA had also recommended that as a more budget-friendly alternative.