Looking at Tauck for fall 2025 - Rhine Enchantment, has anyone done this?

Coral

I am looking at doing this itinerary in fall of 2025 Rhine Enchantment, Milan to Amsterdam (with a stop in Venice before on my own):

https://www.tauck.com/tours/rhine-enchantment-milan-amsterdam-river-cruise?tcd=rtx2024 

Has anyone done this itinerary with Tauck? I am thinking of booking one of the single cabins (Category 1). 

Also - has anyone used Tauck air before? Any good air prices?

I am usually one who does things last minute and this would be planning far in advance which is rare for me.

Any advice?

Thanks

Theresa

• 3 weeks later...

@Coral, I haven't done this particular itinerary on Tauck, but their single cabins are fine and best of all, no single supplement. 

I used their air and found the fares to be very good.  

Last year was my first Tauck cruise, and I enjoyed it so much I came home and booked back to backs for this coming December.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Roz said:

@Coral, I haven't done this particular itinerary on Tauck, but their single cabins are fine and best of all, no single supplement. 

I used their air and found the fares to be very good.  

Last year was my first Tauck cruise, and I enjoyed it so much I came home and booked back to backs for this coming December.  

Thank you, @Roz. Going with some friends that I met on Crystal Mozart - we are really looking forward to this trip! We have four out of the six single cabins on the sailing.

Did you buy insurance through Tauck?

Edited by Coral

Tauck will pick you up at the airport and transfer you to your hotel, even if you come in a few days early or don't book air through them. Make sure your flight info is up to date in your online Tauck account. 

We did this about two years ago from Amsterdam to Milan and absolutely loved it. It was our first Tauck river cruise and we liked it so much, we now have two more river cruises booked with them. I would recommend a day or two extra in Amsterdam, the Ann Frank museum is not to be missed, We also did the Tauck air but you need to check their price vs what you can book.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, lightsleeper said:

We did this about two years ago from Amsterdam to Milan and absolutely loved it. It was our first Tauck river cruise and we liked it so much, we now have two more river cruises booked with them. I would recommend a day or two extra in Amsterdam, the Ann Frank museum is not to be missed, We also did the Tauck air but you need to check their price vs what you can book.

Thank you great to hear from someone who has done this trip! Can I ask you was the train through the Alps scenic or mostly through a tunnel? How about your time in Bellagio and Lake Como? 

Train was mostly though a tunnel, although there were some openings which provided scenery.  We were hoteled in Milan and bussed to Lake Como. Took a cruise on the lake and we stopped in Bellagio for a few hours. A special luncheon was set up next to the lake. Late in the afternoon, we bussed back to Milan

• Like 1

9 hours ago, lightsleeper said:

Train was mostly though a tunnel, although there were some openings which provided scenery.  We were hoteled in Milan and bussed to Lake Como. Took a cruise on the lake and we stopped in Bellagio for a few hours. A special luncheon was set up next to the lake. Late in the afternoon, we bussed back to Milan

Thank you so much. I may have questions for you later. I just broke my wrist last week and can't type well.

I am so glad that you love this trip because I really want to do this.

• 7 months later...