First P&O AUS cruise for many years!

bazzaw

Pacific Encounter out of Brisbane - just noticed that we have been booked for "Anytime" dining. What does this involve these days? I think I recall from years ago that you still had to turn up at the fixed early/late dining times?? 

Decide what you want for the first couple of nights, then book as soon as you are aboard for best choice. You can use the app (unlikely I'm guessing), join the queue outside Dragon Lady, or book via your cabin phone.

Yes, most of the "anytime dining" is a pseudo flexible early or late arrangement, but there are some in between times if you get in early. The menus are quite static, but you do have the option to rotate through the 3 MDR options (Waterfront, Angelo's, Dragon Lady).

41 minutes ago, bazzaw said:

Pacific Encounter out of Brisbane - just noticed that we have been booked for "Anytime" dining. What does this involve these days? I think I recall from years ago that you still had to turn up at the fixed early/late dining times?? 

If you don't specify a sitting they assign you one, and from my experience if you do specify a sitting they will assign you one.😖

The best way to ensure you get what you prefer is the pick a sitting time you would prefer on the web or app, they will do their thing and leave a dinning schedule in your room, for when you arrive.

Check it as soon as you get there.

If it is not what you like, EMEDIATELY, go to the dinning room nominated on the sheet, and get it changed to what you prefer.

We were advised this prior to our cruise, and it was prudent we did while we were getting our changes made a long line started to build up behind us.🙂

Especially if your travelling with a group, we would have ended up at different dinning rooms and at different times.

It is possible just to rack up when ever you like but then its pot luck if there is a table available.

Does that help?

john

Ps: We're sailing with them again on the 13th Oct.

Edited by Ozwoody
  • Like 1

I suggest you book the time slot you want on the P&O Cruise Control. We have done a three or four P&O cruises since the re-start mid last year. In all except the one that ended today, I booked the early dinner time slot on line. With our 16th September-23rd September, one I was distracted getting organised for the world cruise and didn't book the time slot early enough. Instead of taking the late dinner time slot that we don't like, I opted for "I'll decide when I get on the ship".

On board I couldn't get an answer to the phone line for dinner reservations, so I went to the Dragon Lady restaurant around 11.45. This is where all dining reservations are handled. I was probably ahead of the main rush of people wanting to change their reservations. We like 5.30pm and wanted to alternate between the Waterfront Restaurant and Angelos. It was all sorted out, even though two of the bookings were for 5pm. The steward arranging the bookings just said "Go a bit late" with a smile. I felt I was able to get a better result by turning up in person to Dragon Lady rather than trying to sort it out on the phone.

• Like 5