USAA Annual policy questions

kctwinmommy

OK, so I didn't realize I posted this in the insurance sub-forum, that was my mistake. And I can't delete or change my own post, so I'm just putting a new one here. I'm looking for those who have had actual experience with USAA insurance.

Yes, I did search around and read a few posts regarding it. I've seen some mixed reviews as well, so just trying to get a better grasp of what we need. I did the online stuff and it came back with an annual policy for the two of us for like $230. That includes adding on the optional additions that we wanted (trip cancellation/interruption and medical evac.) for our big cruise next year. But I'm also not sure if that will cover that entire trip. It was asking for the location of our trip, so I put the first stop in it. I know some sites say put the country you'll spend the most time in, which I didn't think of until after. I can't find any way to put in additional locations or that it's a cruise. It just asked for the dates and location, not the cost of that actual trip.

We don't have any pre-existing conditions, we're both in generally good health, so none of those worries. We don't plan on doing any crazy excursions that would pose a definite risk.

I guess I'm just wondering what I might be missing with the annual policy (adding on options for our big trip), over paying much more for a single time policy. I'm including photos of the single time policy and then the annual one. We've never purchased it before, so I'm just looking for some insight. Thanks!

This is what is says for the Annual policy

20230920_124031.jpg

These are the 2 main options for a single time trip (the right column was just a medical add-on).

20230920_124040.jpg

20230920_124049.jpg

Edited by kctwinmommy
Add info to pics
  • Thanks 1

• 5 months later...
19 hours ago, ThatFickleFitch said:

Wow, thank you so much. I hadn't thought of checking with my USAA insurance for travel coverage!

Well, we did end up getting out insurance through their company. But, be aware, it's not actually them. It's a company that they partner with. I read reviews on several companies, but also weighing the costs and what we want/need. So we're giving them a shot, even though some come in higher rated. Hopefully, it won't matter and we won't even use it.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

That policy looks exactly like mine from Travel Insured International.  Good company and had a good experience with a claim processed for travel delay. The trip "upgrades" to cover cancellation and other important stuff (if you aren't getting elsewhere) are much more expensive than this base plan.

• Like 1