Breakaway Wifi Question

tonyfall1

Hello,

I will be taking a western Caribbean cruise on the Breakaway in February. I purchased the FAS package. My wife and I both have 150 minutes of internet. I am trying to decide whether I want to purchase the $110 or $180 to upgrade my internet to unlimited or unlimited premium. My wife is fine with her 150 minutes. I think I have read that the Breakaway uses Starlink. How is the internet performance on the Breakaway? I know it's not like it is on land but,  I don't want to pay extra money if the performance is going to be crappy and basically unusable. And is the premium performance better than the regular? Just don't want to throw away $180 on something that may or may not work at times.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, I just got off the Breakaway (was a Greece/Italy Cruise). Starlink service was excellent. I had pre purchased the unlimited WIFI(regular not premium) for one of our devices for $200 for a 10 day cruise. The regular is fine for emails, social networking sites, any other websites - just not for streaming video. During the cruise, the price to purchase the unlimited was $30 a day. There was never a discount offered on this price on this particular cruise. One thing that was annoying is that after you purchased the unlimited on one device you lose the 150 mins on that device.  I thought I was going to have at least have 300 mins in total to use on my other device but that was poor thinking on my part. On the positive side, it is very easy to switch the unlimited back and forth between multiple devices so if you are willing to share, it's not an issue having one device on the unlimited plan and the 150 mins on the other (and those 150 mins do go very fast). 

Edited by Brewster
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Brewster said:

Hi, I just got off the Breakaway (was a Greece/Italy Cruise). Starlink service was excellent. I had pre purchased the unlimited WIFI(regular not premium) for one of our devices for $200 for a 10 day cruise. The regular is fine for emails, social networking sites, any other websites - just not for streaming video. During the cruise, the price to purchase the unlimited was $30 a day. There was never a discount offered on this price on this particular cruise. One thing that was annoying is that after you purchased the unlimited on one device you lose the 150 mins on that device.  I thought I was going to have at least have 300 mins in total to use on my other device but that was poor thinking on my part. On the positive side, it is very easy to switch the unlimited back and forth between multiple devices so if you are willing to share, it's not an issue having one device on the unlimited plan and the 150 mins on the other (and those 150 mins do go very fast). 

Maybe my wife and I can share one of the 150 minutes until that is almost gone and then upgrade the second 150 to unlimited. We would use it primarily on sea days. We have 4 port days.

4 hours ago, tonyfall1 said:

Maybe my wife and I can share one of the 150 minutes until that is almost gone and then upgrade the second 150 to unlimited. We would use it primarily on sea days. We have 4 port days.

I think that the unlimited plan is only available on Day 1 and 2. After that, you need to pay for blocks of minutes.