Specialty coffee card on Liberty of the Seas

Thinking about purchasing the 15 punch coffee card for our 3 day sailing on the Liberty of the Seas in December.   It says you can't use at Starbucks.  Where would you get Speciality coffees on board that isn't Starbucks?   Just wondering if it is worth it to buy.

2 hours ago, umpisoccer said:

Where would you get Speciality coffees on board that isn't Starbucks

Cafe Promenade may use Starbucks coffee beans in their specialty coffee. Wait until on board to see how many punches they use for the kind of coffee you drink to see if the card makes sense. 

I would also suggest waiting until you board to decide.  Depending on the sailing, the lines for specialty coffee at Cafe Promenade can make it not worth it.  I have gotten it for a couple different cruises, and decided not to get it anymore after having to wait almost 30 minutes in line for a cappucino.  

This also makes it hard to actually get your moneys worth since you may decide it isn’t worth your time standing in line and only use it for one or two coffees.  

As an fyi, I have also ordered cappucino at the bar when you walk into the Windjammer.  But it is the same story of waiting because there usually is only one or two people working the counter there.

You can’t use the card AT Starbucks- ifCafe Promenade uses Starbucks coffee beans, you can still use the card there.  It’s about the location, not the beans.  One espresso shot = 1 punch on the card

We got them for my teenage grand daughters on the last cruise on Navigator and they didn't find them particularly valuable.  LIke biker said... you need to know how many punches they are taking for your particular drink to know what kind of value you are getting.  GD#1 her drink was two punches per order so she only really saved 50¢ per drink.  I asked the girls about getting them again for our upcoming Harmony cruise and they both said to give them $30 in Starbucks credit.  They have more selection and less line.