Lovango Cay

Aphoenixrising

Just booked our first trip with SD and couldn’t be more excited! We will be on a cruise out of St. Thomas this winter and the first stop is Lovango Cay. We visited St John for many years and have also gone to LC once. It wasn’t our favorite, though lovely, and have no real desire to spend much time there. We are happy to make a day of it on the ship with a spa visit and hopefully getting to use the water toys but I’m wondering if anyone has been offered the option to go to St. John as an excursion when stopped at LC for the day? Would love to hit Honeymoon or Trunk Bay if possible, or even Francis(my absolute favorite beach in the world, but a little harder logistically.) Thanks in advance for any insight!

We've only been to St John's. After the 1st couple times, what your suggesting is exactly what we do. Breakfast,  spa, pool deck and water toys! I would be surprised if they offered an excursion to St John's. Of course you might be able book transport privately.  I heartily recommend staying on the ship.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/4/2023 at 6:42 AM, Aphoenixrising said:

Just booked our first trip with SD and couldn’t be more excited! We will be on a cruise out of St. Thomas this winter and the first stop is Lovango Cay. We visited St John for many years and have also gone to LC once. It wasn’t our favorite, though lovely, and have no real desire to spend much time there. We are happy to make a day of it on the ship with a spa visit and hopefully getting to use the water toys but I’m wondering if anyone has been offered the option to go to St. John as an excursion when stopped at LC for the day? Would love to hit Honeymoon or Trunk Bay if possible, or even Francis(my absolute favorite beach in the world, but a little harder logistically.) Thanks in advance for any insight!

We were just at Lovango Cay and it was enjoyable for a couple of hours, I agree, not much of a full day or even half day place for us so I would likely stay on board if I did it again.

• 2 weeks later...