Hotels in Barcelona

There will be three of us going to Barcelona for a pre-cruise stay in September and are booked at the Avenida Palace Hotel which is right near the Ramblas. I ended up booking thru their own website back in January. However, some websites I checked were gtahotels.com (which had very good rates at the time) and venere.com. I've read that Apsis Atrium was a good one for a triple - Royal Caribbean uses them as one of their pre or post cruise hotels. I believe if you do a hotel search on tripadvisor.com it will also let you check prices at once on several travel websites.

Good luck and have fun!

I'm so glad to hear that you changed! I hated to say it, but when we come to these boards, we do count on each other's advice!!!

By the way, the Avenida Palace was where a friend of ours was placed. The location and hotel were also great! I think that Barcelona has the most wonderful boutique hotels in any city in the world! Almost everyone loves their hotel, no matter where they stay!!!!! A very good sign, I'd say!!!! Just such a fantastic city!

Well, after weeks of searching, I finally booked our pre and post cruise hotels. We reserved a triple room at the Hotel Jazz before our cruise and a triple suite at the Banys Orientals on our return.

Has anyone stayed at either of these? The reviews were good on Trip Advisor/Fodor's/Conde Nast/etc. so I'm hoping they're okay.

Another vote for the Hotel Continental on Las Ramblas..free continental breakfast and refreshments all day long, plus free internet...and so convenient...if your interested in a guide or taxi please write.. because of help on these boards we found a wonderful guide/taxi driver...and saw more of Barcelona in one day than most people see in a week

Parrot Mom,

We are leaving in less than 2 months for Barcelona and our Med cruise. We are staying 3 nights at the Hotel Continental Palacete. Not sure if that is the one you used as I know there are 2 Continental hotels. We had planned to do the 3 days on our own but I am now thinking of a driver/guide for part of one day. Could you post who you used please? And tell me a bit of what you did?

Thanks in advance,

KathiB

Archived