Transferring a current booking from TA to PCC

glorialagos

I realized I had misnamed my previous question when the responses didn't fit what I thought I was asking.

Has anyone ever booked with a TA and then switched the booking to a PCC?  If so, is there any drawback.  Does our TA get any compensation for the booking?

Thanks.

• This isn't an answer, but I'm curious why you would do that?  PCCs at HAL just are not what they used to be, for one thing, and you don't get anything extra from them that you would not get from a TA, in fact usually it's the opposite. I'm just curious why you would consider it, not really arguing one way or the other.

2 hours ago, Moriah said:
  • This isn't an answer, but I'm curious why you would do that?  PCCs at HAL just are not what they used to be, for one thing, and you don't get anything extra from them that you would not get from a TA, in fact usually it's the opposite. I'm just curious why you would consider it, not really arguing one way or the other.

My friend and I have always booked through HAL ourselves.  We were assigned a PCC that we didn't care for and wasn't very quick with replies etc.  So we decided to help out the local mom and pop travel agency in our little town to support local business.  We are discovering that we are not in control of our booking at all and have to rely on our TA for everything.  We would like to be more self sufficient.  Basically, the TA is the customer, not us, and it is frustrating because we have gone on HAL cruises recently and know more than the TA knows (since they are dealing with all kinds of travel and every cruise line).  So, my friend and I are frustrated with not being able to do things for ourselves and would like to switch to a PCC who has been highly recommended.  We wouldn't do that if it would affect our TA negatively, take away commission, etc.

We know for the future.  We will go back to booking the way we always have in the past.

Thanks for listening!!!  We thought we were doing a good deed but we are not happy with the result.

• Like 1

Yes, moving the booking away will cost the TA commission. 

As for logistics of actually doing it - the TA "owns" the booking and HAL (or any cruiseline) will not just let you move a booking away from them. The TA will have to provide approval to HAL, if they're willing to give it up.

What would you gain by moving the booking away from the TA? Best to start on a fresh booking by not assigning it to a TA unless you're willing to give up the freedom of control.   

29 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

Yes, moving the booking away will cost the TA commission. 

As for logistics of actually doing it - the TA "owns" the booking and HAL (or any cruiseline) will not just let you move a booking away from them. The TA will have to provide approval to HAL, if they're willing to give it up.

What would you gain by moving the booking away from the TA? Best to start on a fresh booking by not assigning it to a TA unless you're willing to give up the freedom of control.   

Thank you.  This exactly the answer I was looking for.  We know now for the future.

• Like 1