Parking at Long Beach

mmpadp

7 hours ago, CruzDayz said:

Thanks for in info.I guess that if there was a three or four day cruise before you, they filled the lot up. I might just go to the Convention Center first now for my Saturday 10/28 cruise. That last block getting in the terminal area was brutal for me with the entitled people cutting in from all sides. 

Unless things have changed: if you're traveling with luggage, they will not handle it except for the return.  So you need to drop it off first.

18 minutes ago, Itried4498 said:

Unless things have changed: if you're traveling with luggage, they will not handle it except for the return.  So you need to drop it off first.

I see, when I finally got on the bus for the Miracle quite a few people had luggage. I will just go to the terminal and hope to park or turn my luggage in. It will be easier now that I have the correct address for the Convention Center. My time is 10:30 so no worries. 😊

I have a February cruise on Discovery Princess where the parking is easy. 
I’m really not much of a complainer but that last timed sucked. I’ve moved on and I’m ready for a fun Halloween cruise on the Panorama. 😊🎃

Doing a 3-dayer out of LB, I didn't mind the parking off site. Just went there to begin with, rolled luggage to the bus and the bus dumped us off in front of the dome. A little presumptive maybe in that I didn't have very much luggage. One time this was all done  when the Panorama was a day late in debarking because of a Covid scare and the beginning of it all. At the time the reason given was Carnival was adding to the parking garage. I personally think, guests arrive too early at the port and can't find parking in the garage because the passengers from the debarking cruise haven't made their way to the garage yet. Instant mayhem, IMHO.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CruzDayz said:

I see, when I finally got on the bus for the Miracle quite a few people had luggage. I will just go to the terminal and hope to park or turn my luggage in. It will be easier now that I have the correct address for the Convention Center. My time is 10:30 so no worries. 😊

I have a February cruise on Discovery Princess where the parking is easy. 
I’m really not much of a complainer but that last timed sucked. I’ve moved on and I’m ready for a fun Halloween cruise on the Panorama. 😊🎃

For clarification, you can bring hand baggage but they would not store luggage (except on the return).  So if you're packing light you will be fine.

San Pedro has parking issues at various times as well.  When we returned from a Holiday trip, they were directing traffic to an overflow lot as well (I have no idea).  It didn't impact us but even if it did I wouldn't complain -- it's awesome to see the cruise ships back after most virtually abandoned the market for the 2010s.  Although we're already seeing some declines.  E.g. Princess pulled the Emerald next summer and moved it to the Northeast.

Edited by Itried4498

29 minutes ago, Itried4498 said:

For clarification, you can bring hand baggage but they would not store luggage (except on the return).  So if you're packing light you will be fine.

San Pedro has parking issues at various times as well.  When we returned from a Holiday trip, they were directing traffic to an overflow lot as well (I have no idea).  It didn't impact us but even if it did I wouldn't complain -- it's awesome to see the cruise ships back after most virtually abandoned the market for the 2010s.  Although we're already seeing some declines.  E.g. Princess pulled the Emerald next summer and moved it to the Northeast.

Yes I agree about San Pedro. I was on the second sailing of the Discovery. On the first sailing they parked her over at a pier a ways away so they bused the passengers because there isn’t much or any parking over there.  I was dreading dealing with that but thankfully it was such a mess they let the Discovery hang out of 91 or the other one on the next sailing.  She has been parking there ever since.

The photo of her in my profile shot I took  from my balcony on the Navigator at six in the morning on my phone. I was still sleeping and could hardly  see yet, but it is one of my better shots. 

It is nice to see ships come back. San Diego is starting to open up a little also. 

• 1 month later...
  • Host Carolyn locked and unlocked this topic
  • 2 weeks later...