Carnival Credit Card (Barclays) OBC Redemption Question..

surfjock27

I have the Carnival credit card through Barclays and I cruise on Celebration next Sunday (10/22).

On 9/25/23 I redeemed enough points for $200 of OBC. The email I received said it would be delivered on 10/10/23, so I assumed it would go to my Carnival account then. I called yesterday because it was not showing on my account and they told me to give it until 11:59pm. Today (10/11) it's still not on my account. I called Carnival and they do not see it either. 

I just called Barclays and they are saying that the OBC will not be available until the day I sail, 10/22. Is this accurate? 

I was hoping to use the OBC towards my internet package for the week, which I get cheaper by purchasing pre cruise. 

Has anyone redeemed their points through Barclay, and have insight on this? Thanks in advance. :)

I redeemed 5,000 points for $50 of OBC on 9/26/23 for our 10/30 cruise. It showed on my "Cruise Manager" under "Booking and Order Details" under "View Order Details" within 3 days. I printed that page as soon as I saw it. I also printed the page from the barclaycardus website to show the redemption. And I printed the "Carnival FunPoints Mastercard" email which shows the redemption. (As you can tell, I'm not taking any chances 🙂

• Haha 1

I always redeem for statement credit.  I charge on the card whatever it is I want to purchase on the Carnival website.  This item shows up as a normal charge.  The statement credit is just that, a credit posted to my credit card account.  I never have to worry about it showing as OBC.  For example, I purchase the Cheers! package for myself and hubby.  The charge shows up on my credit card statement.  I redeem points as "statement credit", within a day or two the credit shows on my statement.  It works for me and maybe it will work for others.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, the CLL credit card OBC has only been delivered on the the first day of the cruise for us.  I would love to use it to pre-purchase items before the cruise, but in the end, we will use it for gratuities.  It has worked like this for 10+ cruises, and we have always received the expect amount of OBC on our folio when we board the ship.

For our upcoming cruise:

• $100 obc from Carnival for booking our cruise rate showed up on invoice and available to use pre-cruise.
  • $100 obc from Shareholder benefit showed up on invoice and available to use pre-cruise.
  • $400 obc from CCL credit card does not show up on invoice.  
  •  
Edited by mpcaruth