Choir of Man on NCL Encore

I'manewbie

16 hours ago, Smitheroo said:

There are daylight hours to view the scenery and other nights to view the night sky. For an individual, seeing a performance of Choir of Man only takes away an hour or two of one night.  You can do both!  Except you cant if one is cancelled.  Fortunately they cant cancel the night sky

I know, I know....in an uncouth way I shared my opinion. But, I stick by the sentiment that it's not the end of the world (and I do like me a show every now and then, just don't feel it's a need on the cruise like others may feel). We all cruise for different reasons, eh?

20 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

That is true! I've definitely seen this. We haven't ever booked a Spa Suite...well we did book a Spa Suite, but then changed to an aft-facing suite instead. For four of our five cruises we've had to book the thermal suite separately, so this change doesn't really impact me. Even though it doesn't impact me, I think NCL is making the wrong move, though it should generate extra income for them as it'll require folks to purchase the thermal suite pass separately. I do wonder how many actually book the Spa Suite rooms for the thermal suite versus for the Haven. Perhaps this change opens up more spa passes for everyone to purchase. 

I believe eliminating Spa cabins was wise.  Separating cabin from service allows the cabin pricing to be dynamic based on occupancy demand.  The Spa Service is now available to more who desire that access, and can also have its own pricing based on demand.  That and it allowed NCL to market Solo balcony cabins…which seems to be a strong demographic for them. 

Edited by laudergayle

47 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

I know, I know....in an uncouth way I shared my opinion. But, I stick by the sentiment that it's not the end of the world (and I do like me a show every now and then, just don't feel it's a need on the cruise like others may feel). We all cruise for different reasons, eh?

I dont rank entertainment high on my list for cruises, I prefer the sea experience (rough seas and all) but I do like to have some entertainment.  If they replace it with something else, that is fine. I know nothing about "Choir of Man" so another show will suffice ( in other words, I didnt choose this cruise so I could see  Choir of Man)  Just so happens that on my last cruise, Footloose was also cancelled although for a different reason  We were told "cast injury" which I can understand and because it was the middle of the cruise I understand they couldnt replace it with another show. 

• Thanks 1

If I'm sailing with NCL I'm definitely ranking entertainment high on my list for must haves.  It's pretty much the main reason for booking an NCL cruise at all, since they tend to be on the pricier side these days.  Broadways styles shows and top-notch entertainment is what sets NCL apart from other cruise lines in the same kind of mid-range group.  I'd be pretty upset to find out that a show was suddenly cancelled for my NCL cruise, since that's part of the reason I choose NCL ships in the first place.

• Like 1

Any more news on this? Just switched from Viva to encore for our February cruise in the Caribbean, we cruise all the time so it’s  definitely more about the ship than the ports, and I was already bummed that there was only one show. If  it remains cancelled there will be none!  I’ve sailed twice before on NCL and was eh about them (my husband booked this one) . This cruise will definitely be a make or break for me for NCL.  Going on Icon in May for less money than this one (inside cabin for both cruises) and I am thinking it will blow NCL away. 

On 10/11/2023 at 8:27 PM, Jaworskym said:

I’m sure it’s just for this group of performers. It takes a few weeks to a month of rehearsal before a production like that goes live. I’m disappointed but knew there would probably be some last minute changes for the final sailing of the season 

I was on the 10/8 show, and the replacement cast did 3 shows, at the end of the cruise (two nighttime shows on our glacier bay day, and one in the afternoon before Victoria).
I saw their first and their third show. They were top notch.  

Can't answer why reservations may have been cancelled, but the show is still on the ship.

(As for "can't cancel the night sky" someone else said- well, I mean they kind of can, at least one worth staying out for. It was so cloudy we only saw stars on one night.  But Choir of Man was worth giving up both nighttime and daytime cruise time.)

• Like 1

Sailed Encore, Oct 15-22.  Had the choir Of Man Show.  The cancellation reservation email, that I received, was due to the Show now does not take reservations, .  the Show times were changed while onboard.  Ended up Friday night, 7:30 and 10:30pm and Saturday 1:30 and 4:30pm

• Thanks 1