Ocean Ready - Kids/Minors

gt1701a

Hello.  I am having issues completing check in for my minor children who are booked in their own room.  I tried to download the app and complete and was unable to get far.  So then I tried the web version.  I can complete some of the information for them, but I am stuck on

-credit card (says invalid even though information is correct and same credit card used on my booking)

- passage contract....directs me to my passage contract

Do I just not worry about these items?  

Also, are my kids able to use the app onboard?  Anything special I need to do for them to use?

Thanks for any advice!

44 minutes ago, gt1701a said:

Hello.  I am having issues completing check in for my minor children who are booked in their own room.  I tried to download the app and complete and was unable to get far.  So then I tried the web version.  I can complete some of the information for them, but I am stuck on

-credit card (says invalid even though information is correct and same credit card used on my booking)

- passage contract....directs me to my passage contract

Do I just not worry about these items?  

Also, are my kids able to use the app onboard?  Anything special I need to do for them to use?

Thanks for any advice!

It may be easier to respond to these questions if you mentioned their ages. There's a lot of difference between a 17-year-old minor and a 6-year-old minor, and some of the rules and procedures may be different depending on their age.

You may not be able to list one of them as owner of a credit card. You would need to enter your credit card and then list them as authorized users. I don't know how to do that for someone in a different cabin - maybe someone else will be able to answer.

When onboard, depending on their age and maturity, you may want to put a limit on their charging privileges. You would do that at Guest Services onboard.

Have the kids been able to log on to their own account on the app from home? If so, they probably can onboard.

Kids will be 16 (turning 17) and 15 on cruise.  This is the first time they have their own room, so all this is new to me.  I will definitely want to put limit on their spending - thanks for that reminder!

I'm surprised that you were able to put the minor children together in one room.  I was forced to put my husband with one child (at least for the paper work portion) and myself with the other.  My 18 year old daughter wasn't even allowed to be in a room with my 14 year old son (I believe it is 21).  

My husband and I each had to add the child "connected" with us as authorized users of the account.  

If you go to the web version of the app (under summary when you are logged in on a computer), it will allow you to choose your own profile or your child.  You can then complete the passage contract.  

Screen Shot 2023-10-15 at 4.30.28 PM.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nodakrulz said:

I'm surprised that you were able to put the minor children together in one room.  I was forced to put my husband with one child (at least for the paper work portion) and myself with the other.  My 18 year old daughter wasn't even allowed to be in a room with my 14 year old son (I believe it is 21).  

My husband and I each had to add the child "connected" with us as authorized users of the account.  

If you go to the web version of the app (under summary when you are logged in on a computer), it will allow you to choose your own profile or your child.  You can then complete the passage contract.  

Screen Shot 2023-10-15 at 4.30.28 PM.png

I was surprised I could book them in a room as well.  My princess vacation planner told me it was 16 and up.  I did eventually get the web version to mostly work.  I can't add credit card for their room or complete contract.  I called the help desk and they told me all I could do was add a parent to the room or complete at pier.

Yup, 16 and up as minimum age for 1 passenger in cabin, if booking as part of a family group (more than 1 cabin).  

It's spelled out in their Age Policy..

"Passengers under the age of 21 years must travel in a stateroom with a Passenger 21 years or older who shall assume responsibility for their care during the cruise. For family groups booking multiple staterooms, the minimum age for each stateroom is 16 years of age, provided they are traveling with a parent or legal guardian."

https://www.princess.com/html/global/book/popups/age-requirements.html#:~:text=You must be 18 years,months on all other cruises.

• Like 1

I booked my 16 year old in a cabin by himself since we needed 3 cabins and only had 2 adults.  I also could not complete the pre-boarding info until I checked in at the port.  

My kids didn't use the app on board, so I can't comment on that.  However, it was a bit of a challenge to link their medallions so that I could "track" them on board.  Make sure to find and visit the "OceanNow" booth if you want to do this.  

On my cruise, I was told that there was no way to limit the kids charges to the account.  This is something that you may just have to trust them with.  I suppose you could make them return something they bought, but that wouldn't work out with specialty foods or games. 

Edited by theloo