stargazing (dark deck) on the NCL Sun

cruiser karen

Don't know about the Sun specifically, but on the Jewel the darkest place I could find was in the aft on Deck 12 (behind the buffet area).  It wasn't really that dark though, but it was the best place I could find to watch the Northern Lights.  A big problem was that there was a bright strobe light that flashed every 10-15 seconds either green or white.  I thought it was people taking pictures with flash on until I noticed the strobe light.  There was no way to turn it off and the repeated, bright, white flashes basically meant there was no way to get your night vision to kick in.

All the way to the front of the ship is Spinnaker Lounge.  Spinnaker has a balcony across the full width of the lounge.  Would be a perfect place for star gazing as would the Great Outdoors at the back of the buffet.  The balcony makes a great place to watch for pier runners too.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, montecarloss said:

All of the NCL ships I have been on have been too lit up on the outside to see anything more than I see at home.

The balcony off of The Spinnaker Lounge would be dark because of The Bridge area just below.  The Bridge needs almost total darkness to operate at night.  Spinnaker is very dark too, small tea lights not overhead lights used at night.