NCL epic Rome port arrival 6am

Acmcho

Hi! The port arrival time for disembarkation day is showing 6am. If it does arrive at the time it’s showing by what time should we be able to get off? Trying to plan transfers and  flights after. I would need to be in Naples airport by noon and want to see if that’s possible for my ideal flight. I know I would need to take a train from the port back into Rome then another train to Naples. 

3 hours ago, Acmcho said:

Hi! The port arrival time for disembarkation day is showing 6am. If it does arrive at the time it’s showing by what time should we be able to get off? Trying to plan transfers and  flights after. I would need to be in Naples airport by noon and want to see if that’s possible for my ideal flight. I know I would need to take a train from the port back into Rome then another train to Naples. 

You mentioned getting a flight at Naples airport, which is almost 200 miles south of Civitavecchia, the port for Rome. In morning rush hour traffic around Rome, it could easily be a 4 hr drive. Sorry, no idea of train connections.

With respect to arrival time, it is no more than an ETA, with "E" being estimated. Yes, the Master endeavours to be alongside by then, but factor outside of the Master's control can impact the arrival time. Therefore, the actual arrival time is a risk, as you have no guarantee she will actually dock at 06:00.

The clearance time can also be impacted by the previous port, specifically if it wasn't in the EU/Schengen Zone.

Personally, I would use 07:00 as a potential departure time and if on an International flight, I would want to be at the airport 3 hrs before departure. This would leave you 2 hrs to cover almost 200 miles. Might be possible, but very risky.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Heidi13 said:

You mentioned getting a flight at Naples airport, which is almost 200 miles south of Civitavecchia, the port for Rome. In morning rush hour traffic around Rome, it could easily be a 4 hr drive. Sorry, no idea of train connections.

With respect to arrival time, it is no more than an ETA, with "E" being estimated. Yes, the Master endeavours to be alongside by then, but factor outside of the Master's control can impact the arrival time. Therefore, the actual arrival time is a risk, as you have no guarantee she will actually dock at 06:00.

The clearance time can also be impacted by the previous port, specifically if it wasn't in the EU/Schengen Zone.

Personally, I would use 07:00 as a potential departure time and if on an International flight, I would want to be at the airport 3 hrs before departure. This would leave you 2 hrs to cover almost 200 miles. Might be possible, but very risky.

Reading this I had the same concern you express for a same day flight out of NAP.  I did read the OP's comment as needing to be at NAP by noon, which I assumed would allow time needed prior to boarding the flight.  If that is the case it might be doable.  However, even with a carefree attitude, I might look at a next day flight if I had to use NAP.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ldubs said:

Reading this I had the same concern you express for a same day flight out of NAP.  I did read the OP's comment as needing to be at NAP by noon, which I assumed would allow time needed prior to boarding the flight.  If that is the case it might be doable.  However, even with a carefree attitude, I might look at a next day flight if I had to use NAP.  

The flight leaves at 2:15pm from Naples italy to Ibiza, I had thought about taking a train from the port into Rome and then another train from Rome to Naples to avoid the traffic. I would just have to make sure the train times aline correctly with ample

time to arrive at the airport. There are

flights that leave out of rome but very late at night. We’re still deciding, I know Rome is more convenient but the the Naples flights is a much better time.. 

2 minutes ago, Acmcho said:

The flight leaves at 2:15pm from Naples italy to Ibiza, I had thought about taking a train from the port into Rome and then another train from Rome to Naples to avoid the traffic. I would just have to make sure the train times aline correctly with ample

time to arrive at the airport. There are

flights that leave out of rome but very late at night. We’re still deciding, I know Rome is more convenient but the the Naples flights is a much better time.. 

I get what you are trying to do.  I've not done it, but it looks like a train is possible if you board by say 7:30 - 8 am in Civitavecchia and the connection in Rome is in alignment.  There are direct trains from Rome to Naples.  If you catch one about 10:00 am you will arrive Naples Centrale a little after 11:00.  Naples Centrale to NAP is not a long taxi ride.   I would sure want to know if there are later flights out of NAP should you run into a delay.  I guess it depends on your tolerance for such things.  Bon Voyage!