After years falling on deaf ears......

Well wouldn't you know.....

It happens to the best of them. After years of trying to get SIL & BIL to try cruising, they finally did. Until now they had every excuse in the world. I'll get sea sick, nothing to do, I don't want to feel confined, the kids will be bored and will miss their friends, you name it, it was an excuse.

Well not any more!!

Here's a few things they commented on.

Bored....I guess not, they were up and out of the cabin each morning at 7 and went to be every night about 2 am. :eek:

Seasick.....never knew the ship was moving, just once felt a mild sensation, or maybe that was the Froo-Froo drinks. :D

Confined.....balcony, Mariner, couldn't believe the size, it took 3 days to see the entire ship and was like a city is she said ...gee imagine that! :eek:

Kids.....theirs are now grown and don't go with, but friends kids had a blast, didn't want to leave AO or the ship for that matter. Never missed their friends at home, they made so many new ones on board. SIL also commented, she wished she would of gone on at least one cruise as a family.

They loved it.....wished they would of listened to us a long time ago... So now they can't wait to go again and already planning.

Happens to the best of them! But they never listen!!! :confused: :D

So the cruise bug bit them huh? Now you know what's going to happen...you'll never be able to go on another cruise without them. My entire extended family now invite themselves to book the same ships we sail.

My last cruise "alone" as a couple was my honeymoon. :rolleyes: :D

I have to admit. We didn't think cruising was for us. We are (were) big time land travelers. All over the world. Our friends cruise a lot and said we should at least try it once. So, for our 25th anniversary we took a Med cruise on Celebrity. It was 10 nights and we just didn't want it to end. That was July 2004. This month we are going to take our 4th cruise. That's 4 cruises in an 18 month period. I think we're addicted. By the way, it's been on 4 different cruise lines too.

And I can't get my father to cruise with us! :(

My parents cruised for years, after the kids were grown and gone, but it never occurred to me to cruise until my own kids were teenagers (that's when I could finally afford it).

Now although he and his girlfriend cruise all the time, they won't cruise with us. They just SHUDDER when they ask how many are on "our" ships - I say "3500" if it's Explorer or Voyager; last time I said "only 2000 or so" on the Sovereign - they just exchanged horrified glances.

They're Radisson snobs. :) 750 is too big for them. They like 350 or so. :)

Linda, am I just dense??? What is "Regent"?

Ok, I just googled it..........the Parent Company of Radisson.

Actually, they *only* sail on Radisson. :D

Last week they were rebranded to Regent to better align with the Regent hotel chain also owned by Carlson. Note the board has already changed...

Archived