My Cunard voyage calendar

3rdGenCunarder

Is anyone else having trouble with the calendar function in "My Cunard?" When I look at each day, it tells me I have nothing booked. But I have booked tours for some of the ports. If I go to "my bookings," I can see the tours I've purchased. If I then go to my calendar, I see the tour for the first port, but not for the subsequent ports. And if I move through the calendar and then go back to the first port, the tour for that port is gone again.

I have my email confirmations and I can see "my bookings," so two out of three are correct. I suppose that's a good score for Cunard IT?

Okay, so this morning, everything populated on the calendar as it should, even the specialty dining I just booked. 

But now I have a new question. I have a Diamond discount on Verandah, and one alternative dining credit from my booking. When I booked dining, neither was honored by the system. I would call my TA but she's out on leave. So, is there any point in calling Cunard about this, or should I wait and fight it out with the ever-so-helpful (Not!) Front Desk?

29 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

Okay, so this morning, everything populated on the calendar as it should, even the specialty dining I just booked. 

But now I have a new question. I have a Diamond discount on Verandah, and one alternative dining credit from my booking. When I booked dining, neither was honored by the system. I would call my TA but she's out on leave. So, is there any point in calling Cunard about this, or should I wait and fight it out with the ever-so-helpful (Not!) Front Desk?

My recommendation is to cancel your dining reservations to get a refund of the charges made to your credit card. Then book the dining reservations once on board which does not require payment at the time of booking. That can be done via the My Voyage "app". Advise the staff when you arrive at the restaurant that you will be applying your diamond credit or show the voucher you should receive in your cabin for the alternative dining credit. That may limit your choice of times by not booking ahead but I have my doubts about how successful you will be having the charges to your credit card reversed to use your diamond credit and alternative dining credit voucher instead once on board.

Of course I'll gladly stand corrected if someone has been able to have their diamond credit or alternative dining credit voucher applied to reservations that have already been paid for in advance via bookings made in My Cunard. I've never been brave enough to try that.

That's similar to using your diamond internet credit. At least they prevent you from booking an internet package ahead of time when you have a Cunard World Club benefit to use but then there isn't really any need to book an internet plan ahead of time anyway.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Chart Room Princess said:

My Cunard agent stated that when you receive the free dining credit that reservation must be booked on board the ship. I don’t know about the Diamond level discount.

Thanks. I guess I will cancel and rebook onboard. PITA, but not much I can do about it until then. I have to say, HAL is good about honoring "dining credits" on the website, which is why I was surprised Cunard didn't. suppose they want to give people paying for the meals first chance at reservations--of course, I did pay for mine, in my bookinng!

3 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

My recommendation is to cancel your dining reservations to get a refund of the charges made to your credit card. Then book the dining reservations once on board which does not require payment at the time of booking. That can be done via the My Voyage "app". Advise the staff when you arrive at the restaurant that you will be applying your diamond credit or show the voucher you should receive in your cabin for the alternative dining credit. That may limit your choice of times by not booking ahead but I have my doubts about how successful you will be having the charges to your credit card reversed to use your diamond credit and alternative dining credit voucher instead once on board.

Of course I'll gladly stand corrected if someone has been able to have their diamond credit or alternative dining credit voucher applied to reservations that have already been paid for in advance via bookings made in My Cunard. I've never been brave enough to try that.

That's similar to using your diamond internet credit. At least they prevent you from booking an internet package ahead of time when you have a Cunard World Club benefit to use but then there isn't really any need to book an internet plan ahead of time anyway.

Maybe I'll split my gamble. I'm not a huge fan of Verandah, so I booked a lunch. I doubt I'll have much trouble bookinng that on board, so I will cancel that. I really want to try Nordlys, so I'll keep that one, and maybe use my credit to go a second time if they won't honor a cancel/rebook. It looks like it's Nordlys every night.