Vancouver disembarkation question

Shirt-man

^^^^ Unlikely.  The ship is in Vancouver, Canada, therefore for a flight to the U.S passengers must go through U.S. Customs & Immigration at Vancouver airport.  

Better answer might be it is exactly what the heading states, as opposed to the Disembarkation Tours which probably terminate at the airport which are usefull for those with late flghts.

14 hours ago, racj846 said:

^^^^ Unlikely.  The ship is in Vancouver, Canada, therefore for a flight to the U.S passengers must go through U.S. Customs & Immigration at Vancouver airport.  

Better answer might be it is exactly what the heading states, as opposed to the Disembarkation Tours which probably terminate at the airport which are usefull for those with late flghts.

I agree with you about customs but there is a group(picture above) above the disembarkation tours that are transfers to the airport.

I had my travel agent check with Princess before I posted the original post and after speaking to two different people they had no answer.

On 10/16/2023 at 10:59 AM, Shirt-man said:

Does anybody have any information about the category "Direct to Airport Program"?

Direct to Airport for cruises disembarking in Vancouver is a program where passengers with U.S. or Canadian passports are pre-cleared prior to disembarking and board a bus immediately after disembarking without having to perform immigration formalities at the Canada Place and are taken directly to YVR.  Luggage is taken directly to YVR, is claimed there, and must be checked-in by the passenger personally with the airline.  The program is limited to 200 passengers per ship.  Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I remember there being a charge for this and deadline to signup 4 days prior to ship's arrival into Vancouver.  I assume this program is in place to help with crowd control when there are multiple ships berthed at the Canada Place.

• Thanks 1