Anyone on the current pursuit sailing in the Amazon?

CRUISER94044

We’re in Manaus looking forward to getting on in a few days all the way to Ushuaia. We’ve been thinking of taking local tour to the jungle and river, but expect Expedition team may do that on the ship during the Amazon trek so might wait. If anyone on board can comment on some of the “Amazon experience” activities it would be appreciated. Kent and Jeffrey 

5 hours ago, terry&mike said:

In tracking the ship, it was supposed to be tendered in Santarem today, but it is currently sailing near Obidos (which is past Santarem). 

Based on the narrative in the Seabourn Voyage tracker they did indeed make that stop. You can find the writeups here: https://www.seabourn.com/en/us/experience/voyagetracker/index.html

Just select pursuit and 2023 and it's the top voyage listed. 

My experience with the writeups is that they're pretty transparent about any issues with locations or conditions, and I didn't read anything about making modifications to the itinerary. It does seem from the photos that the river is low, but they still got out kayaking.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, markandjie said:

Based on the narrative in the Seabourn Voyage tracker they did indeed make that stop. You can find the writeups here: https://www.seabourn.com/en/us/experience/voyagetracker/index.html

My experience with the writeups is that they're pretty transparent about any issues with locations or conditions, and I didn't read anything about making modifications to the itinerary. It does seem from the photos that the river is low, but they still got out kayaking.

Thanks for posting this link! Tells us a lot. Didn’t realize they had these great daily journals with photos. 

1 hour ago, Shipless in Seattle said:

Didn’t realize they had these great daily journals with photos. 

They have them set up on monitors throughout the ship on Venture. I like to find entries from Antarctica in 2015 or Alaska in 2018 as I'm in the photos... 😜

2 minutes ago, markandjie said:

They have them set up on monitors throughout the ship on Venture. I like to find entries from Antarctica in 2015 or Alaska in 2018 as I'm in the photos... 😜

We’ve been going through all of our cruises over the last six years posted to see the pictures. Quite enlightening.

On 10/21/2023 at 12:23 PM, markandjie said:

Sorry, I must be dense, but I can't find and "writeup" on the current Amazon voyage.  Can you provide a direct link?

20 minutes ago, mnocket said:

Sorry, I must be dense, but I can't find and "writeup" on the current Amazon voyage.  Can you provide a direct link?

Direct links don't work because of the way the page is built. Start by going to https://www.seabourn.com/en/us/experience/voyagetracker/index.html

This is best done on a computer and not mobile, though it does work on mobile.

In the top left you should see the little hamburger. Click on it.

clickintopright.thumb.png.b24cfb411db1aebff7e1cf66a8d47180.png

That opens a menu where you select first the ship, then the year, then the specific voyage:

listofvoyages.png.1b3c448e7440cdba45ea15f3c80863cb.png

Once you click a voyage it opens the blog for that voyage.

Hope that helps.

• Like 1

Hi all.  We are so excited to board the Pursuit. My Seabourn source app updated today.  I noticed the itinerary listed has been altered. It has us staying overnight in Manaus and leaving Wednesday at about 3 pm. It also has pushed back Paratins and Alter da Chao as well as 1 less Amazon experience day. I am flexible and ok with this but just wondering if we know why the change?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, markandjie said:

Hope that helps.

Tremendously!  Thanks.  I will be following this closely.  So far it seems the draught hasn't affected the cruise.  I'm hoping this holds true for the duration and on through our cruise in December/January.

14 hours ago, CRUISER94044 said:

Hi all.  We are so excited to board the Pursuit. My Seabourn source app updated today.  I noticed the itinerary listed has been altered. It has us staying overnight in Manaus and leaving Wednesday at about 3 pm. It also has pushed back Paratins and Alter da Chao as well as 1 less Amazon experience day. I am flexible and ok with this but just wondering if we know why the change?

Probably inbound pax issue with flights delayed or cancelled using Seabourn air.

We noticed this too yesterday on the app. However, the website login was saying we were leaving today. Usually they send an email if there’s an itinerary change but haven’t received one so could be a fluke in the app. It’s odd also that we are not dock boarding Manaus rather tendering on board. That will be a mess for the staff, trying to unload and load luggage and provisions.

Hi all. Well we are safely onboard and had a fairly smooth embarkation. We dropped our bags at the terminal hopped a shuttle bus and took a quick boat ride to the ship. Our luggage arrived at our rooms around 5:30 so it was a bit of a rush to unpack.   The water levels are very low but so far we are doing great. We didn’t leave till 3:00 am  and they have added a zodiac tour this afternoon. Flexibility is key and the staff are amazing.  

• Like 1