Going LIVE on Nieuw Statendam roundtrip Rome ⛲🛵Oct 26-Nov 9: Planes Trains Vespas & Ships w/GOT!!

Haljo1935

12 minutes ago, RuthC said:

Your pictures certainly are! How I would love to have the opportunity to see Pompeii in this lifetime! You brought a little bit of it to me. Thanks for that. 

You are fortunate to have been there twice. 

You know, @RuthC I agree I am blessed!! It was interesting to see the changes, and there have been some, between visits. An area I was able to walk last time was fenced off this time and I'm sure there will be more.

Happy to load you up with additional pics if you're interested. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, albingirl said:

Love all your posts! Brings back fond memories. I remember some dogs laying around Pompeii and I  asked about them. Someone feeds them, so I  felt better about that! Great description, thanks!

I remember seeing dogs laying around Olympia and and was told some people do feed them. They just plopped down wherever and napped or "people watched." I didn't see a single dog in Pompeii this visit, but of course, it's so big I just may not have seen any.

• Like 2

We loved Pompeii and Herculaneum and they are both very interesting to see. If anyone goes on a trip to this area and has some time in Naples go to the archeological museum - visit the private room where some of the risque items are kept from Pompeii.  We did enjoy the entire museum and you see the colors of the mosaics a bit better in the museum.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, pirate cruiser said:

Our guide took us to the brothel and there was a friendly cat hanging around so I can say I have petted the cat at a brothel in Pompeii (lol-couldn't resist ! ).

Then you would recognize the other mark in the stone if I posted it, lol

• Like 1