Almost Live: Escape NYC RT Bermuda 10/22-10/29/23 1st Time NCL Cruisers

Meachjg1963

4 hours ago, Hilly38 said:

I made an account just to reply to this and thank you! My husband and I are going on my first ever cruise (he has been on plenty with his family) in 11 days! Leaving NYC to Bermuda on the Escape.

This thread has been like a teaser of what’s to come and I’ve been checking every day to catch up ! Thank you for the amazing details. I’m looking forward to experiencing it (and possibly a pistachio martini) for myself. 

We are on the same cruise! And I agree the pistachio martini sounds good and I'm not a martini person. But I think I'll try it. Thats the best part of the drink package.

• Like 3

On 10/29/2023 at 10:53 AM, mking8288 said:

@Meachjg1963 Welcome back to NY and safe journey heading back to Beantown. Enjoyed reading your trip report.  Glad to know that despite the modified itinerary & shortened stay, less than ideal weather in Bermuda, that you made the best & most out of it, going with the flow.  The Escape seemed to run into all sorts of itinerary surprises on this Fall's port of calls with mother nature calling.  

It has been NCL's policies, procedures & protocol to ask all guests to vacate their cabin on disembarkation morning by 8 to 8:30 AM, allowing the housekeeping team to do a through cleaning & preparation for the next group of embarking pax.  Typically, you will find 1/4 to 1/3 of the pax in a hurry to do the express self walk-off as soon as it's announced that gangways are open & ship has been cleared, etc. Scattered places all over the ship to wait if not in a hurry, getting into those elevators is another story ... eventually, the crowd thinning out as they aim to reach the "zero" or 0 count by around 10'ish so that Haven & priority, early boarding after 10:30 - 10:45'ish, perhaps 11'ish  - not easy with 2 gangways handling upwards of 4,500 pax (plus luggage) in that short span of time.

You mentioned none of the shows were of interest ... what was "on" in the main theater ?  I know we booked ours on the Escape a few weeks ago, not exactly thrilled (was it Choir of Men ??) & we didn't bother going either.  

Choir of man is very good don't miss it. Saw it 3x and enjoyed all 3. 

• Thanks 1