Port or Starboard Side Cabin Recomendations

Bruce61

Hello:
We are booking our second Regent cruise, July 25 on Splendor, 18 nights from Reykjavik to London.  On our last cruise in Alaska heading Southbound on Explorer, it was clearly better to be on the left (Port) side of the ship (and we were on the right (Starboard) side).  On this trip, are there recommendations as to which side is better to see sights while sailing from the room?  Let me know as I plan to book this tomorrow!

Not sure it really matters.  If you are entering fjords, etc. you'll usually go out the same way so you'll see both sides from your cabin.  As for the route, looks like land is mostly on the port side, but not sure you'll be close enough during transit to see the land.  I usually select a starboard cabin as the ships seem to mostly dock starboard side to the pier and I like sitting on the balcony watching the activity.  BUT, that is port dependent so you really never know.  

One thing to keep in mind, once you book, if you decide you'd rather switch cabins and any in your category are open you can always change.  

Edited by papaflamingo
  • Thanks 1