Marella Voyager inside cabin deck 10 help

Hello,

I need some help/advice please. I've just booked a Caribbean cruise for December and have chosen a side on inside cabin 10048 as it looked like it might be slightly bigger than some others after looking on the deck plan. However, I'm now not sure if I should change it to the standard straight on style cabin examples I can change to 10031 / 10028 / 10030 / 10032 /10039. Do anyone have any experience of these cabins who can advise? 10048 seems to be below seating area for snack shack and I'm worried it might be noisy. A couple of others are near the stairs so might that be an issue? Or am I overthinking? Our last cruise was 4 years ago so I just want this one to be perfect.

Always a risk of noise booking  cabin anywhere below the lido/pool deck. If your cabin is below seating of Snack Shack then if there’s any noise it’s only going to be when it open. Last time we sailed the Snack Shack wasn’t open very early or very late, lunch till 6ish if memory serves.

Other cabins you mention appear to be under open deck and whirl pools, you may get, early morning cleaning, maintenance noise or deck party noise here. Quietest place under this deck would be under Spa, imo.

Personally, I’d stay put 

I agree, I would stay put as well. Some of the others back onto the staircase/lifts which may be noisy. 10048 looks tucked away enough for this to not be a problem.

I was on the Voyager a couple of months ago and saw inside one of the cabins you have, looks really nice and I think that layout is a bit roomier than the standard inside cabin layout.

I’m sure you’ll have a great cruise if you stick with the one you’ve got booked already.

Thank you both for your comments. I would normally book under the spa but having only booked yesterday and we fly in 6 weeks all those had already gone. We've only done 3 cruises prior to this one and we have always chosen as far front of the ship as possible so I wasn't sure which option would be the best of the rest. A bit further back is below the kitchens and I thought that might be worse. As you both suggested I'm going to stay put. Thanks again.

• Like 1

I can’t speak for this ship but a few years ago we spent Christmas and New Year in the Caribbean on the Dream.  Never again would we book a cabin below the pool deck.  They had endless pool parties into the early hours with what sounded like a team of clog dancers over our cabin.  It was passengers dancing.  The whole cabin trembled and the noise was horrific, making us having to stay up half the night.  Needless to say we have been very careful since and kept away from Christmas.  On the cabin, probably the traditional layout is best.

• 1 month later...

I've just been notified by TUI that due to a system error the cabin I pre-booked 10048 is no longer available and I've been moved to the nearest available cabin which is apparently the only cabin still available and is at the very back of the ship so is the furthest cabin possible from my chosen cabin. I travel in 3 days and I'm so disappointed/frustrated. When I queried it I think they've moved others too although can get any answers to what went wrong. Has anyone else stayed in the back row of inside cabins on deck 10?

Hi h disappointingly I am unable to help with cabin details but I know you are going on a great cruise one which we have done many, many,times and wish we could go again. Please don't let potential issues spoil your cruise it's just a cabin total understand your issues,as we have had them in the past, just have a fantastic cruise we are certainly envious. If you are in Barbados try the beach at Harbour lights one of our favourites.

Will think of you in the warmth have a great time.😄😄😄😄

Thanks for your reply. I was so frustrated to find out 3 days before our cruise but I've spoken to several people at TUI since and to be fair they've all been lovely. I've been offered another option which is in a better location so I've decided not to think about it anymore and just get on with it. 

• Like 1

I’d swop you inside cabin on Deck 10 in Caribbean in a heartbeat right now!!!

Availability still showing for inside on deck 10, 12 also outside 8 & 9 so it’s nowhere near sold  out. If you absolutely hate it go moan to customer services on aboard. If you have paid to select your original cabin you are also entitled to a refund as they have not provided this. They moved us without notice and I had to sort out on board, they will wanna see proof you paid so take your original booking invoice.

I’m sure you will have a great time!🍹🍹

• 2 weeks later...

Reading The Marella sections on 'facecloth', being told you aren't getting the cabin you booked is becoming a regular issue. In the last week, somene had the same happen, and on contacting reception on board, they had a list of 15 cabins that required a refund of the booking fee.

Thanks everyone for your comments. We were not happy with the cabin number they changed us to before we went but after a long time on the phone we got moved to a better location (in my opinion) but the same cabin class so we were happy. It all went smoothly after that. We went down the following day for our refund and there was at least 9 other papers relating to cabin changes for other passengers I assume there was more the day before when everyone arrived too.