Parking at Port Miami on Nov 18 - how hard is it to get a spot?

ShariLynn2

You will not be alone as you drop off a disabled person.  There will be a LOT of them doing so, and there will be tons of folks doing the same who are not disabled.  

Having said that, as already noted above, there are a ton of spaces available as several thousand cars will have already left the parking lots from those who returned.  This is true in all major cruise ports.

Noteworthy: Last December we dropped several folks at the terminal and headed for a pkg garage.  I noted that NONE (seriously, NONE) of the entrances had the ticket machines in operation.  Strange.  Still, along with many others I found a parking spot, embarked the ship, had a fine cruise, came back, found the car and exited as usual.  The payment booths were in operation, but it was done on the 'honor' system, ie, "what ship were you on?", oh,that was a 7 days sailing, so your parking cost is XXX.  Too weird.

One of the things I dislike about PortMiami is that you pay for parking when you leave. Of course everyone coming off a ship leaves about the same time so the lines to pay are horrendous. At Port Canaveral you pay when you enter the garage. It's much better because not everyone arrives at the same time to park so the queues are much shorter.

• Like 1