Hotel within 45 minutes of Port of Miami recommendations

SRQMom

We are driving down from Tampa the day before our cruise.  So no need for transportation, shuttle etc.  Hoping to stay under $200 for the room and looking in the Westin/Plantation up to Mirimar area (after 4 to 5 hour drive hoping to just pull in someplace and ok with a longer drive to the port in the morning).  I don't know the area at all so hoping for a recommendation on options of a nice, preferably newer hotel under $200 since we are further away from the Port of Miami and the beach where I know the costs are higher.  Any recommendations?  Thanks!!!

We are staying Feb 13th.  Large / extended family cruise so several family members will be driving down and getting rooms as well so trying to stay in the $200 range to accommodate everyone.  There are lot of recommendations for hotels closer to the airports and ports, but not a lot closer to alligator alley.  Thanks in advance for any recommendations and/or areas to avoid.  

Coming across alligator alley I would suggest Plantation.  Most of the major chains have a variety of hotels, there are nearby restaurants and shopping, plus you are close to 595 to the Turnpike or 95 for a short trip (30 miles) to Port Miami.