Length of Dinner service in Main Dining Room

Jayhoaps

1 hour ago, SargassoPirate said:

You do know that the app and the MDR printed menu don't always agree.

For example, on the app one evening it listed an asparagus appetizer with bacon bits and a fried egg on top. One of my favorites.  When we go to the MDR, the menu said nothing about a fried egg.  I had my taste buds all set for what was listed in the app.  

Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice, shame on me.

After the Asparagus Affair, we relied on the printed menu only.

Do you reckon they could have obliged with an egg, if you asked?

On 11/4/2023 at 9:12 PM, memoak said:

My problem with groups at meals is not my issue it is those who order 2 apps a salad a soup and a main.  We now eat with just us and our friends who eat like we do. 1app Ann entree and maybe a dessert 

Just so you hear another point of view, some of us really enjoy the socialization that comes with "dining" as compared to fast food.  When we have a good table (we love to share with others) we are often delighted to be among the last tables to finish dinner :).  Given the state of later night entertainment (we prefer to dine at 8 or later) the best entertainment is often a fun table.

Hank

• Like 1

You don't say what ship you're on and when you want to eat. I cruise off-season usually, and dine at 8 or right at opening, so I'm out of there within an hour, even quicker if I want. If you go at peak dining times, on a full ship, it will be longer. On my last cruise, a Pacific coastal, I had an entire section to myself and got through quickly. As I was finishing dessert, they seated a multigenerational group of 15 high-maintenance people who mostly didn't speak English and who were pushy about seating, demanding they move tables around, demanding lobster at a discounted price, and had strollers and a walker and people wanting to take selfies at the window. So if I'd arrived at the same time, it would have been twice as long to eat, although I probably would have walked out first. 

On 11/4/2023 at 9:42 PM, MissP22 said:

My husband usually orders 2 appetizers with soup included but that has never slowed us down in the least. It's waiting for the waiter to both take orders & get the food that slows everything down.

If it were up to him we'd be finished in 30 minutes flat.

I'm in total agreement with your husband!

• Like 1