3 pm boat leaving out of san diego

paperposter

35 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

They went above and beyond for you, do not expect the, to always do that. 

I never said anyone should expect them to go above and beyond (as they did for me) but I would expect them to at least live up to their written policy which is exactly as I stated it was and which you were emphatic that it wasn't.  This all goes back to the OP's post about being able to fly to Hawaii at no additional cost if he should miss the boat in San Diego and I simply put forward that had he booked his air with flight-ease that it would be possible he would receive a flight to catch up to the ship at no additional cost because that is, indeed, their policy in general.

I am starting to understand why they wouldn't want to go above and beyond to get you onto a cruise, however, or even live up to their commitments since the last hour has been exasperating. 

10 hours ago, leerathje said:

I'm confused...Do you think that if you miss your cruise departure, the cruise line flies you to the next port free of charge and pays for your hotel until the ship arrives?

L.

no i dont expect them to .but i wont be paying either 

2 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

Me thinks either someone is yanking our collective chain, or needs to give a lot more info about their situation.

i posted a question and the truth. i never said anything about the cruise covering my missed thing for expenses just i wont be paying for the flight or hotels.i never take out insurance .

the cruise is also free so im really losing nothing anyway 

but the cruise terminal is 10 minutes from the airport  now i would do it it if i was flying into lax for there cruise port but a  basicaly 3 hour window is fine i can drive there if incase of emergency or just take my helicopter 

5 hours ago, RD64 said:

Going to ask - who will be paying for the flights and hotels if necessary? I doubt they will pay your PVSA fine which I believe is in the range of $900 - that is if you are even allowed to fly to catch the ship in Hawaii.

no and would not ask

13 hours ago, RuthC said:

You have a little wiggle room, but not a lot of it. Personally, I would never cut it that close; other people (you, perhaps?) are braver than I am. 

What if your plane is late taking off? What if it can land on time, but there is no open gate to pull up to? (both of these have happened to me). What if the machine delivering luggage breaks down, and all the unloaded luggage has to be put on a different machine? 
The point is that any---or more!---of these could delay your arrival at the pier in time to meet the CBP regulation to be checked in before the ship is cleared to sail. I don't recall how long before the ship sails that time period is, but the passenger manifest has to be turned in by 2:00 PM, or possibly earlier (1:30?). 

no luggage i carry everything so off plane on boat do it the same way every time

8 hours ago, Real NHDOC said:

(please don't point out that it would violate the Jones act). 

It wouldn't violate the Jones Act. 
The Passenger Vessel Services Act however---

8 hours ago, Real NHDOC said:

application of the Passenger Services Act to the new itinerary

it would violate, unless the passenger disembarked in Mexico on the way back. 

• Like 1