Internet Package

fun1367

Is it better deal to prebook or ok to get onboard, especially don’t need for full duration of cruise. A few days will suffice for emails and checkin with family!  Is there daily pricing? How much? Thank you for suggestions.

As far as I could tell, the price for the internet package doesn't change whether you prebook or whether you get it on board. There was no pro-rating or daily plan when I was on the Escape. 

You don't say what sort of cruise you'll be on or how long. But for me, since there would be only one sea day on the Escape, I opted to stay with the 150 Free At Sea minutes. My Tracfone was able to get service in each port in the US and the ship was docked so close to the cruise terminal in St. John that I could get the wifi from the waterfront on Deck 8. 

The 150 minutes should last you for a few emails or Facebook posts a day, just as long as you remember to do the logout.now thing. 

But if the cruise is going to be like a 10 day transatlantic with no ports, I would get on board and buy the internet package.

For my upcoming cruise it seems that upgrading before the cruise would be a better deal.  The list price for unlimited internet is $29.99/day, to pre-order the upgrade would be $229.85 when discounted for the 'trade' of the free-at-sea minutes, which works out to about $15/day since it's a 15 day cruise.

I'm debating getting that though, the cruise has only 5 sea days, and 5 of the last 6 days I'll be able to access internet in the ports.

One trick you can do - wait until the second day (may also work on the 3rd day, after which you don't get credit for the unactivated free-at-sea time) to use ANY internet at all, you pay for one less day when you upgrade to unlimited.

5 hours ago, hallux said:

For my upcoming cruise it seems that upgrading before the cruise would be a better deal.  The list price for unlimited internet is $29.99/day, to pre-order the upgrade would be $229.85 when discounted for the 'trade' of the free-at-sea minutes, which works out to about $15/day since it's a 15 day cruise.

I'm debating getting that though, the cruise has only 5 sea days, and 5 of the last 6 days I'll be able to access internet in the ports.

One trick you can do - wait until the second day (may also work on the 3rd day, after which you don't get credit for the unactivated free-at-sea time) to use ANY internet at all, you pay for one less day when you upgrade to unlimited.

Um, it's actually 6 sea days.

1 hour ago, hallux said:

Check again.  My cruise gets Mazatlan, yours isn't.  10 listed ports of call compared to 9 on yours, AND it was less expensive...

Well, I'll be darned.

If I'm not mistaken, they were identical way back. You have an extra day - never really noticed that before. Was that true all along? Was Mazatlan originally on the itinerary?

What a sec - 10 ports vs. 9?

Funny thing - I'm counting 8 and 7 ports, respectively. I don't count first and last as "ports". I only count stops enroute.

And I still count you as having 6 sea days. That's the 5 listed as such, plus day 5 in Panama - which arrives at 8 PM (mine is at 6). That counts as a sea day for sure - even if you can go ashore that night.

Edited by cruiser2015

On 11/7/2023 at 6:34 PM, fun&cruise said:

Is it better deal to prebook or ok to get onboard, especially don’t need for full duration of cruise. A few days will suffice for emails and checkin with family!  Is there daily pricing? How much? Thank you for suggestions.

You buy expensive minutes not days.