Good news story?

amurray88

On 11/12/2023 at 5:58 PM, amurray88 said:

Ah great shout for the wardrobe, thank you!

We went on Ventura last October with our then 5 year and 2 year old. We couldn't have a queen set up because the eldest had a fold down bed, but for the youngest the wardrobe area was perfect for a cot, she isn't great at sleeping in the same room as us, but that set up made it feel like a separate room.

At the time the nursery was first come first served but it was really good, although the little one kept waking up meaning mummy and daddy being paged and having to pick her up!

Also with drinks packages my wife and I were able to get the soft drinks package just for the 2 of us, our eldest doesn't drink much other than water, so it would have been wasted on him. We always take the little extra strength squirty cordials in case he does want some flavour.

If you've any questions about cruising with, let me know, our eldest was 6 months on his first cruise too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Warrior85 said:

We went on Ventura last October with our then 5 year and 2 year old. We couldn't have a queen set up because the eldest had a fold down bed, but for the youngest the wardrobe area was perfect for a cot, she isn't great at sleeping in the same room as us, but that set up made it feel like a separate room.

At the time the nursery was first come first served but it was really good, although the little one kept waking up meaning mummy and daddy being paged and having to pick her up!

Also with drinks packages my wife and I were able to get the soft drinks package just for the 2 of us, our eldest doesn't drink much other than water, so it would have been wasted on him. We always take the little extra strength squirty cordials in case he does want some flavour.

If you've any questions about cruising with, let me know, our eldest was 6 months on his first cruise too.

Ah that's brilliant, thank you so much!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Warrior85 said:

You might find the day nursery a nice place to spend an hour or so in, I think it's stay and play and occasionally a 'Reef Ranger' might help do some activities, if I remember rightly it's for ages 6 months to 2 years.

Hasn't heard of this,thank you!

Well I'm pleased (I think). P&O have given us the £200 OBC as an apology and our TA has "upgraded" us to an Outside obstructed view cabin that should (I think) allow us the Queen bed rather than single beds.

I say upgraded as at time of booking the Outside cabin was the same price as Inside but we were told we couldn't have Outside as they didn't allow 3 passengers in Outside cabins which they have now changed.

Hopefully all fixed ...but strange that they didn't allow us this in the first place.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, amurray88 said:

Well I'm pleased (I think). P&O have given us the £200 OBC as an apology and our TA has "upgraded" us to an Outside obstructed view cabin that should (I think) allow us the Queen bed rather than single beds.

I say upgraded as at time of booking the Outside cabin was the same price as Inside but we were told we couldn't have Outside as they didn't allow 3 passengers in Outside cabins which they have now changed.

Hopefully all fixed ...but strange that they didn't allow us this in the first place.

I have not checked the deck plans but there may be no outside cabins with a sofa or Pullman bunk, which means that normally these cabins could not take 3 passengers. Just a pity that their agents are not bright enough to realise that a 6 month baby does not need a bed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1