Aft cabin on deck 6 of Zaandam

KruisingKaren

I'm trying to interpret the deck plan for deck 6 on Zaandam.  Two questions... is the aft deck area available via stairs from decks above and below it?  Also, I can't tell if there are doors leading from the corridor to aft deck.  They show a solid line so I'm not sure if there are doors.

We're considering cabin B6223 for an Alaska cruise in June 2024 hoping that the aft deck won't be too busy with other passengers.  Any insight would be appreciated!

Zaandam.png

• Like 1

We are booked on the Zaandam Dec 19 to Jan 4.  I haven't been on Zaandam since 2016, but I liked the open deck back there, something newer ships never have.  There are stairs from the promenade deck all the way up to the Lido deck.  I think there are access doors onto that rear deck area.  Maybe someone who is onboard or with more recent onboard memories will give you more information. 

3 hours ago, ShipsAreTheBest said:

Yes there is access from above and the end of both corridors have doors that go out into this area.  It’s kind of hidden and doesn’t get a lot of use because most people don’t think to go there so it stays quiet.

Totally agree. Was on deck 6 this summer for a 25 Day trip around Iceland. The access points at each end came in very handy. The forward one was a great viewing spot.