Premium drink pkg just went down significantly on my two cruises

kands6191

12 minutes ago, sollan said:

Yeah, the drink package prices are horrible! We will pay as we go.

Do you happen to know what a G&T (Bombay Saphire) cost?

I don't know specifically, but if you asked me to guess, I'd think somewhere around $13-$14 USD or so.  Maybe someone can chime in who has those numbers.

On 11/15/2023 at 1:10 AM, kands6191 said:

I've been checking daily for price drops on the Premium Drink Package for my 12/2/23 Summit 5 day and my 4/27/24 Apex 5 day cruises.  I went to the site tonight just in time to see the last 15 seconds of the countdown for the expiration of the current 75% off + $300 promotion.  I wondered if the prices would change.  Seems they did for some of the items in the planner.

The Prem Drink Pkg was 54.99 for both cruises.  I had paid 64.99 for one and 69.99 for the other so I saved $300!

I saw that some of the shore excursions had dropped including one that I was going to book independently but with the drop from 81.99 to 59.99 it was only a couple of bucks more than if I went to the vendor directly so I booked it.

I got the Premium Wifi on the 4/27/24 Apex for 15.99, but I'm not sure if it's a good deal since I haven't been watching it.

There was no change in the dining prices.

Hope you can find some good deals too!

@kands6191You just saved me $300 on two cruises that we have booked for 2025.  I thought since I was able to save on wifi and ship activities I might as well check it out.  I saved $150 on both Apex and Xcel.  I wonder if they are dropping the price on Xcel to have it sell out fast like the RC Icon did ?

It took me almost 4 hours dealing with two reps with the big box travel department. I think it was worth having the hassle of the phone disconnected twice to get back $300.

• Like 1

We're on Infinity in April and booked All-In last year, giving us the classic drink package, WiFi and gratuities. TA says that we're grandfathered in on the gratitudes policy change, meaning ours are still included.

So, we don't know if we still get the gratuities-included deal if we upgrade to the premium drinks package. If so, we'll upgrade using onboard credits. If not, we'll stick with the classic.

Thanks, and apologies if this already has been addressed.

Hi all,

I have a Baltics cruise booked for May 24 and have considered a drinks package. Having only cruised with Celebrity once before and taking advantage of the Drinks package which came to £500 or $625 US  for both myself and my Partner on a 7 day cruise. albeit in 2015. I was shocked to see that even with a 20% discount that is offered at the moment, that same package would now cost £1790 or $2246 for a 13 day cruise. 

I am considering just paying as we go so to speak, but checking prices. If we both had just 1 Martini a night with no other drinks, coffees or bottled water the final bill would be $460 including the 18% gratuity. If the $15 price tag is correct. Even if I reduce that to $13 the bill would be $398. Surely this can't be right ? Or do you think it may be a way of encouraging all to purchase the drinks packages. Neither of us are big drinkers but we would like to have a coffee, some bottled water and evening drinks even if this was kept to 6-8 drinks a day across the board we would run the risk of ending up with a drinks bill of $3000. It just seems crazy to me. Or do I need to consider that I just can't afford to cruise on Celebrity which it seems could well be the case. 

Thanks 

Sean 

Edited by seanquirke