Regent Seven Seas Mariner

MarinerLad

Starting this as a new topic because I’m interested in being able to easily locate current comments from people recently on or currently on the Mariner. Thanks for your input and insights, compliments and complaints … I look forward to hearing from fellow travelers.

We were on Mariner in October for a Montreal to NYC cruise.    We loved Mariner and would be happy to cruise her again.  Our prior Regent cruises were Explorer and Splendor -- so, we "lost" some of the fancy surroundings and Pacific Rim, but in the long run, did not miss that.  Mariner feels much smaller and the layout of the public areas are much nicer and more "cozy" than the newer ships.  Food was excellent, especially in Compass Rose.  My wife disliked Compass Rose on the newer ships as the rooms felt too large and were like being at a banquet hall (in my opinion, she is wrong); CR on Mariner is more "restaurant" like (low ceiling) with plenty of quiet tables for two.  Suites are smaller (we were in a penthouse), be we quickly adapted; same for the bathroom with only 1 sink, but a nice shower.  Apparently, there were not enough shelves and drawers in the bathroom for all of her "stuff" to be stowed nicely; not an issue for me.  The closet, at first, seemed tight, but again, you easily adapt to it.  There likely were worn-down portions of the carpet or sofa, but I don't worry about that kind of thing, since I know Mariner is an older ship.  I would not hesitate to go on Mariner again if it was going where I wanted to go.

Jerry

• Like 6