Refund

Ubu

Im going to guess that you found a lower price for a particular sailing, you had already paid in full for the sailing, now you would like Princess to send you the difference.  Anywhere close?

IMO, it can take almost 90 days for something like that to be processed.

You can call Customer Service, wait on hold for most of the rest of your life, then ask about the status of your claim.

• Like 1

I am surprised that you were able to ask for a refund after final payment.  Is this the correct scenario?  

If you re-fared before final payment, there would be no refund due.  You would just pay less on final payment.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I thought I'd write to check in with the original poster about how long it took to get a refund. We are in the same boat (or ship, so to speak). We refared for less than we had paid to date (resulting in an overpayment), and they are telling us 90 days. Currently about 45 days in and no refund.

• Like 1

@Ubu  @thinfool  @cr8tiv1  @etphonehome24   I contacted our PVP AFTER final payment and  asked her to check on the fare for our upcoming March cruise. I was on a Princess cruise at the time so was contacting her through email. I check about once a week to see if the price has changed and email her asking her to check if it looks like it went down. She came back that day and said the new price was $321 less. She changed it without me even asking. A couple of days later I noticed I had a negative $321 amount on the personalizer for that cruise.  I emailed her again that day and asked her could she put the amount back to my credit card I paid with. The money was back on my credit card the next day. The whole thing took about 5 days from asking her to check to getting the money back on my credit card.  I always thought you couldn’t change your fare after final payment. But I have done it several times and always get the money refunded back to my credit card. Just FYI. 

• Like 2