Disembarkation from MSC Euribia: Nightmare, or smooth as silk?

jambalian

Hi,

I have booked a cruise on MSC Euribia (first time with this company) for April next year, but since then I have come across a disturbing vlog showing mayhem at disembarkation. Some people had to queue for three hours to get off the ship! Granted the ship in question was Virtuosa, not Euribia, but is this normal for MSC vessels, or a one-off?

There are countless reasons a embarkment or disembarkment can be a disaster. Yes i have been in some bad ones and easily was over 3 hours several times. You can have a bad time anywhere. Airport,traffic jam, bus and train station, etc... If you can't or won't do a 3 hour wait don't go. And many bad events can be no fault of the cruise line. Bad weather, surprise inspection by customs on the ship and crew, 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Preziosa said:

You Can Go to reception and ask for early disembark. You Can Take your lougage with you by yourself.

That's what we do on P&O ships, but in the scene I saw on the video, everyone seemed to have their luggage with them. How does disembarkation actually work on MSC ships? On P&O, you can leave your luggage outside your room the night before and you are given a disembarkation time for the next morning. You then collect your luggage from the terminal. Alternatively, you just show up with your luggage at the gangway as soon as the ship docks and get off. Is that the same for Euribia?

If disembarkation is a nightmare or smooth as silk has nothing to do with the ship or cruise line, this is all about the performance of British customs. Seems that the disasters from last year don´t happen anymore, at least not often, but certainly no guarantee. 

• Like 2

If you’re not self-disembarking, you’ll be given a disembarkation group (higher deck = later group, with some exceptions). Each group will have a designated meeting point & they’ll call the groups in order. 

All went very smoothly on our trip earlier in the year, but we were disembarking in Copenhagen & didn’t have to deal with UK Border Force…

• Like 1