New Booking and Black Friday

WVU_Neal

21 hours ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

This could have very well turned the other way and you waited only to have to pay more to get the Pre paid Crew Incentive. I have seen a couple of cases of that this weekend. I know this stinks but unfortunately that is what can happen.

I had an excellent conversation with a Resolution Assistance agent at HAL. Although HAL was willing to make some accommodation, this booking was on the big box agency special fare. That fare comes with a contract that prohibits HAL from doing anything to that booking, including adding any OBC or anything. What they were willing to do is allow my agency to rebook at a different fare. Best they could do.

Upon further review (as NFL officials often say), at this point there is no other fare that amounts to any kind of savings. My cruise booking was at a quite excellent price and I'll just leave it alone.

Thanks to everyone for your feedback and help.

Neal

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, reefisher said:

So for those of us that made the final payment on Sunday 11/19 are we out of luck getting the prepaid gratuities added?  It amounts to about $1800 on our Tahiti cruise. 

Yes, and even on 11/17 when I think BF started:

"Offer is subject to availability, for new bookings only, for 1st/2nd guests blah-blah..."

The Grats/Crew Incentive for 35 days, for two, is US$1225 Suites, $1120 non-suite.

ETA: How did you book? I have heard of (but never done) getting a SLIGHT adjustment usually as OBC when the price of a comparable cabin plummets after Final Payment Date. There must BE a comparable cabin available!

Edited by crystalspin