MarineTraffic showing Arcadia missing Andalsnes, straight to Tromso?!

JG&Lcruisingnewbies

Just wondering if anyone has any details? parents are onboard

They were late leaving due to a poor person hurting themselves in the cabin and needing to be taken straight off the ship into an ambulance. Hope they are oK! and before they left they were warned by the captain that they would be hugging the coast of Netherlands & Germany to avoid up to 10m swells 😧

so I’m guessing it’s the weather slowing them down so they miss it. They are quite a distance away from Andalsnes even now. Just hope they avoided the worst of the storm and have been able to enjoy the past couple of days 🤞

I know this happens. I do feel for them though. Sounds like they just got through some tough seas, and they were looking forward to first stop Andalsnes. not a great start

Hopefully seas calm and itinerary gets back on track

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, AlexMcSpot said:

According to a post on Facebook it is due to the weather conditions. Disappointing, but ship safety has to come first.

Thank you for confirming. Very disappointing however completely agree. Safety has to come first.

did the FB post have anymore details? I’m hoping the weather wasn’t so bad they couldn’t enjoy the sea days

heres to a great time in Tromso for them 🤞

• Like 1

Heard from Parents. They are ok. Sounds like some sea sickness on board and some stumbles but everyone is ok

they’ve managed to avoid sickness

When explaining why they missed port, captain spoke of ‘unheard of high winds’ battling speeds of, at times, 82 knots 🫣

so, can see why they missed port!! & am v glad all is ok aboard & they are, despite the rough seas, having a good time 👍

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

As we are currently on our last night of a similar cruise on Aurora, I wish everybody on board well. We have been lucky with the weather, I hope it abates soon for Arcadia. If they see as much of the Northern Lights as we did, they are likely to forget about the bad weather at the moment fairly quickly. I hope so. 

• Like 1

From reading the FB Group, it sounds as if there may have been a similar incident to what happened on Saga Spirit of Discovery a couple of weeks ago.

The person reports that the stern came out of the water in the high seas, exposing the propulsion system, so the safety system kicked in, shutting down the engines and the ship made a 360 turn.

However, the poster didn’t mention any injuries.

Edited by Dermotsgirl
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1