CruiseFirst $250 for $500 certificate is back again 11/27/23

dhanakorn

CruiseFirst $250 for $500 certificate is back again 11/27/23.

Unless there is DoubleUp or TrippleUp CruiseNext promo, you can only use one CruiseNext per reservation (saving about $125). But with this $500 CruiseFirst, you can save up to $250. Depend on your situation, sometimes this $500 CruiseFirst is better than CruiseNext.   

image.thumb.png.1c67b7c6f9f8be318f62c63b5cc26dd6.png

• Thanks 1

I decided to buy a $500 certificate.  I was on a cruise last month and bought 4 Cruise Next certificates  (total of $1,000 but paid $500).  I like that the CF certificates are higher amounts.  I've already used 2 of the CN certificates so I'm not worried about not being able to use the Cruise First in time. 

i tried to buy $250 cruise first certificates using this deal, but every time i tried to access the NCL website, it wouldn't let me log in! and then the deal passed. i'm sure it'll be back again soon, but, geez, louise, you try to spend $500 with these folks and the notoriously bad website doesn't let you!

On 11/29/2023 at 7:02 PM, UKstages said:

i tried to buy $250 cruise first certificates using this deal, but every time i tried to access the NCL website, it wouldn't let me log in! and then the deal passed. i'm sure it'll be back again soon, but, geez, louise, you try to spend $500 with these folks and the notoriously bad website doesn't let you!

When you saw you couldn't log in, why didn't you just call?

3 hours ago, cruiser2015 said:

When you saw you couldn't log in, why didn't you just call?

because the call center was closed at 11 PM, 12:30 AM and 2 AM ET.

that's why they have a website... to meet the customer in his or her preferred communication channel at whatever time the customer likes. at least that's the way it's supposed to work.

• Like 1

On 11/29/2023 at 6:02 PM, UKstages said:

This must have been the shortest sale on record. Two days? Come on, NCL...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, UKstages said:

because the call center was closed at 11 PM, 12:30 AM and 2 AM ET.

that's why they have a website... to meet the customer in his or her preferred communication channel at whatever time the customer likes. at least that's the way it's supposed to work.

don’t worry, I’ve been having issues of logging in too. It just goes in circles 

oh, i'm not really worried. it is indeed cyclical. but this is a very real world example of how their website may interfere with them achieving their revenue goals. 

as for my certificates, i have one banked, so truly not worried. but i was going to buy two more. and i will soon be up against the 120 day deadline for some planned april cruises. so here is a very real world example of how their bungled IT and website infrastructure issues interfere with guest satisfaction.

From NCL:

Pay $150 today for $300 off any 6+ day cruise you choose to book when you're ready.

The problem is, you can only use certificate at a time. Max value of $300.

With the $250 for $500 deal, you get to use one certificate worth $500.

Edited by schmoopie17

1 hour ago, victory2020 said:

I thought they were all $250 for $500 credit?

'the standard deal is $150 for $300 value.

periodically, they will have two choices available... the $150/$300 virtual certificate, as well as one for $250/$500.

you can buy them at the time of booking, provided the sail date of the cruise is at least 120 days out. or you can stockpile them in your account. a recent change removed the expiration dates... they are now good forever, or - technically - for how ever long NCL continues to exist or how ever long they continue to operate the cruise first discount program.

2 minutes ago, UKstages said:

'the standard deal is $150 for $300 value.

periodically, they will have two choices available... the $150/$300 virtual certificate, as well as one for $250/$500.

you can buy them at the time of booking, provided the sail date of the cruise is at least 120 days out. or you can stockpile them in your account. a recent change removed the expiration dates... they are now good forever, or - technically - for how ever long NCL continues to exist or how ever long they continue to operate the cruise first discount program.

Thanks. How do you know when they have the 500/250 deal?

they pretty much always do it for holidays.

if you're signed up for their emails, they will let you know. it usually says something like "$250 free" in the advertisements. otherwise, just keep checking the website, or keep your eyes on cruise critic, where some kind soul usually shares the news.

Edited by UKstages
fixed typo
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, UKstages said:

they pretty much always do it for holidays.

if you're signed up for their emails, they will let you know. it usually says something like "$250 free" in the advertisements. otherwise, just keep checking the website, or keep your eyes on cruise critic, where some kind soul usually shares the news.

Thanks. And these now have no expiration dates like the cruisenext?

it appears so. i haven't received an official announcement about that, but the expiry dates have disappeared in my online account. somebody posted something in another thread about an official announcement coming, perhaps, in january.

5 hours ago, UKstages said:

it appears so. i haven't received an official announcement about that, but the expiry dates have disappeared in my online account. somebody posted something in another thread about an official announcement coming, perhaps, in january.

The two Cruise Next certificates that I bought in October on my last cruise show an expiration date of 12/31/99 in my account.  The $500 Cruise First certificate that I just bought online does have the standard 3 year expiration date.