Your cost of "non-included" dining is going up...

cruisedoctor

On 12/13/2023 at 1:26 AM, CruizinSusan70 said:

No, if you upgrade to the 60 per day plus, you get two credits of 14.99 pp to visit a casual dining venue.  If you visit a third time and get the 14.99 3 course meal or go another day and split an 8.50 pizza, then those would be subject to the 18% gratuity.  The first two visits of 14.99 have the gratuity already included.

We are back from our B2B cruise. We paid the extra to upgrade to the new plus package. 
We went to Alfredo’s and had the 3 course with the veal and the eggplant and it was very good. On our second visit we ordered the pizza to share. I told both the maître D and the server that we wanted to order one pizza a la carte. When I didn’t see the charge on our folio for the one pizza, I questioned this and was told it was charged against the casual meal. I asked why and was told that’s just the way it is. 
The second week we went twice for the complete complimentary meals then on the last day we decided to go just for the pizza. Again we told the maître d and the server that we wanted to share the pizza a la carte.. That one $8.50 pizza was charged at the full dinner cost. $14.99 plus gratuity.  We still had OBC credit to burn through, but it annoyed me with their bait and switch. 

• Like 3