Specialty Dining Reservations For Six

cruiserbear55

Tried to make specialty dining reservations today for six people. Stayed up till midnight, thinking reservations would open at 12:01 A.M., as is always being touted by some long time CCers. Well, that ship sailed fast! They finally were available to book at 3:00P.M.

We all have four dinners, two FAS and two Platinum. Attempted to make reservations for 6:30P.M. at Cagney's x2; LaCucina, and Moderno. If I tried to book two or four people, all of the dining times were available. When I attempted to book six, I was restricted to 5:30 or 9:00. Also the same restriction if I tried eight people.

Well, thinking there must be another NCL computer glitch, I got on the horn with an NCL rep.She tried and tries to make the bookings, but couldn't get past the "firewall". She then got a supervisor and a CAS agent involved ( our original booking). Between the three of them, they couldn't make it happen.

They advised me to make the bookings for four at the preferred time, and run, not walk, to the restaurant reservation desk when we get onboard and try to snag a table for six.

My question: why would NCL restrict any party over four people from making a reservation after 5:30 and before 9:00? And has anyone else experienced this? Most of our past cruises we've had groups of six to ten, and never encountered this problem. Thanking you in advance.

It is best to book in parties of 4. Have everyone in your group do that. That way at least you are all eating at the same time. Once at the restaurant you can see if they will combine tables or try to put you close to each other. 

• Like 1

We had the exact same thing happen for our group of 6. Sailing in January. Even the Concierge line couldn't do anything until we get on the ship. Hopefully will be able to take our parties of 4 and turn them into 6 once onboard!

• Like 1

On 12/2/2023 at 11:57 PM, cruiser2015 said:

Why not a 4 and a 2.

They need 6, not 8.

Either way works. If you book 6 or more it only gives you limited (5:30 or 8:30 for instance) time slots. At least that is what happened to us. I wish NCL allowed you to cancel and rebook dining reservations online like RCI and Princess do. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

Either way works. If you book 6 or more it only gives you limited (5:30 or 8:30 for instance) time slots. At least that is what happened to us. I wish NCL allowed you to cancel and rebook dining reservations online like RCI and Princess do. 

I think you can do it if you call.

2 hours ago, cruiser2015 said:

I think you can do it if you call.

Calling doesn't solve the problem. See my original post, #1. Also, post #4, who is experiencing the same aggravation. For some reason, NCL is not allowing  parties greater than four  to make dining reservations after 5:30P.M. or before 9:00 P.M.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, cruiserbear55 said:

Calling doesn't solve the problem. See my original post, #1. Also, post #4, who is experiencing the same aggravation. For some reason, NCL is not allowing  parties greater than four  to make dining reservations after 5:30P.M. or before 9:00 P.M.

I was not referring to the "6" problem.

I was referring to cancelling and rebooking. HBcruiser said they wished it could be done online; so, bite the bullet and call - if you want to get it straight now. Of course, no guarantees on what will be available.

On 12/2/2023 at 8:27 PM, cruiserbear55 said:

Well, thinking there must be another NCL computer glitch, I got on the horn with an NCL rep.She tried and tries to make the bookings, but couldn't get past the "firewall". She then got a supervisor and a CAS agent involved ( our original booking). Between the three of them, they couldn't make it happen.

24 minutes ago, cruiser2015 said:

I was noAll three t referring to the "6" problem.

I was referring to cancelling and rebooking. HBcruiser said they wished it could be done online; so, bite the bullet and call - if you want to get it straight now. Of course, no guarantees on what will be available.

Evidently, you didn't read the first post. I called and got an NCL rep, then a CAS rep, and finally a supervisor .( See above).  All three working together couldn't make it happen. There is no fix online or by calling. We'll just have to wait till we're onboard and try to find a remedy to our first world problem!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruiseny4life said:

So....inquiring minds want to know. Did you make reservations for 4 and 2 or 4 and 4? Or, just going to wing it and get reservations onboard?

Four and two, hoping they’ll either put them together or find us another table for six.We’ll try to iron it out at the reservations desk when we first get onboard.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cruiserbear55 said:

Evidently, you didn't read the first post. I called and got an NCL rep, then a CAS rep, and finally a supervisor .( See above).  All three working together couldn't make it happen. There is no fix online or by calling. We'll just have to wait till we're onboard and try to find a remedy to our first world problem!!

Evidently, you're on the wrong track here with me. I did read your original post.

I was responding to a comment made in post #5, not yours.

5 hours ago, cruiser2015 said:

Evidently, you're on the wrong track here with me. I did read your original post.

I was responding to a comment made in post #5, not yours.

But it is so much easier and faster to do it online IMO where you can see all available time slots. 

• Like 1