Recommendations for buffet breakfast on Gold Coast and Coastal places of Northern NSW to visit

MMDown Under

Our family celebrates birthdays with buffet breakfasts at various GC Resorts.  My favourite memory is of my younger daughter's collection of all the passionfruit used for decoration. And her whispered comment that the children on the neighbouring table were allowed a drink with their meals!  (In our family, you were allowed a drink after your meal or desert.)

With covid, we've got out of practice.  Anyone been to a fabulous buffet breakfast on the Gold Coast recently?

Another birthday treat is a long drive somewhere of the birthday's person's choice.  This year we are overdue for a long drive to beaches north of Lennox Head.  Any recommendations for what not to miss and lunch?  I seem to recall a special place inland from Byron Bay.  

52 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Our family celebrates birthdays with buffet breakfasts at various GC Resorts.  My favourite memory is of my younger daughter's collection of all the passionfruit used for decoration. And her whispered comment that the children on the neighbouring table were allowed a drink with their meals!  (In our family, you were allowed a drink after your meal or desert.)

With covid, we've got out of practice.  Anyone been to a fabulous buffet breakfast on the Gold Coast recently?

Another birthday treat is a long drive somewhere of the birthday's person's choice.  This year we are overdue for a long drive to beaches north of Lennox Head.  Any recommendations for what not to miss and lunch?  I seem to recall a special place inland from Byron Bay.  

To add insult to injury, the young children on the neighbouring table, all had a cappuccino, at extra cost, at the end of their meal.  By this stage, my daughter decided she had been born into the wrong family.    BTW It was her birthday! 

7 hours ago, Over from NZ said:

Pancakes in paradise on the GC! All you can eat - $11.99! lol!

Not my idea of a special buffet breakfast but children would love it.  Dennys in the US used to include pancakes with maple syrup on the same plate as eggs and bacon.  Yuk!  I used to take all the sweet stuff off the savoury plate and put on a separate plate.  2 course bargain and everyone was happy!!