Move-Up on Silhouette - AQ vs AQ Sky Suite

Janie001

Hello,

I am trying to figure out what I am missing (or misinterpreting) in the Move-Up process.  The move-up offer for my upcoming cruise on the Silhouette is starting at $960 p/p for an AquaClass stateroom.  The starting offer for an AquaClass Sky Suite is $270 p/p.

I am assuming the AquaClass Sky Suite would have access to the Persian gardens, Blu (based on availability) as well as Luminae and the retreat lounge. I understand I would need to pay the difference in gratuities for the suite (currently included in my prime veranda booking) and their locations may be less then ideal.

Is there something else I am missing?  It seems like a big price differential for what on the surface is a bigger room with more amenities. I have not easily been able to find an answer on this so I am hoping someone can chime in.

Thanks!

39 minutes ago, Janie001 said:

Hello,

I am trying to figure out what I am missing (or misinterpreting) in the Move-Up process.  The move-up offer for my upcoming cruise on the Silhouette is starting at $960 p/p for an AquaClass stateroom.  The starting offer for an AquaClass Sky Suite is $270 p/p.

I am assuming the AquaClass Sky Suite would have access to the Persian gardens, Blu (based on availability) as well as Luminae and the retreat lounge. I understand I would need to pay the difference in gratuities for the suite (currently included in my prime veranda booking) and their locations may be less then ideal.

Is there something else I am missing?  It seems like a big price differential for what on the surface is a bigger room with more amenities. I have not easily been able to find an answer on this so I am hoping someone can chime in.

Thanks!

I had the same thing on my silhouette cruises last week.  The aq suite was for max bid like 750pp. The aqua room was starting at  900pp.  When looking only one aq suite was available and didnt want to move as had same room on my b2b 

2 hours ago, Janie001 said:

Hello,

Thanks!

IMO the suite lounge is wonderful.  You also will have access to the suite deck.  The suite is much larger and more comfortable-  Plus you get priority boarding, disembarkation and other perks.  IMO so much better then AQ.  Luminae is a so much better and service excellent.  Blu not so great.

Edited by Cruise a holic

3 hours ago, bikerunner said:

I had the same thing on my silhouette cruises last week.  The aq suite was for max bid like 750pp. The aqua room was starting at  900pp.  When looking only one aq suite was available and didnt want to move as had same room on my b2b 

I can understand not moving for a back to back.  I just wanted to make sure I wasn't forgetting something obvious!  Glad to hear it isn't just my sailing.  I guess it has something to do with which rooms are easier to sell prior to move-ups.

1 hour ago, Cruise a holic said:

IMO the suite lounge is wonderful.  You also will have access to the suite deck.  The suite is much larger and more comfortable-  Plus you get priority boarding, disembarkation and other perks.  IMO so much better then AQ.  Luminae is a so much better and service excellent.  Blu not so great.

Thanks, we have been lucky enough to cruise in a Sky Suite before, on a different ship, and enjoyed it very much.  I guess I will put in a bid and let fate (or an algorithm) decide.