Ambience taken out of service

peajay

Reposting without travel agent's name. Not sure why I'm not permitted to mention them but rules are rules.

A quick update. My travel agent, phoned to say they have heard from Ambassador today (Thursday) that they will receive my refund "later today or tomorrow" and they will credit this back to my credit card same day as received.

Also an email from Ambassador yesterday to say (I think) that I should claim as much as possible  of my extra costs from my insurers and they will consider my claim for the balance in January.

So a little bit of progress in that both TA and Ambassador are talking to me personally now. Maybe my email about their respective responsibilities under The Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018  and my threat to send in Trading Standards officers from their respective councils over the 14 days rule made a difference? 

Not holding my breath though! In any case why should I be delighted that I'm going to get MY money back?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Albertina59 said:

Hello Glynn, have you any news about your refund please. 

Hi Albertina59 - well, they certainly didn't leave me dumbstruck 🙂 - I've heard nothing yet. But great to hear that Alastair has some movement. Hopefully better news all-round soon.

I did email the CEO again today (which once again didn't receive an acknowledgement) I have also shared a few feelings with them on their Instagram page.

Their post on 30 Nov reads:

Sail Away for Less 🚢💜

'Tis the season for gifting, so why not gift yourself a cruise? With up to 59% off all 2024 and 2025 season cruises all through December, there is no reason not to treat yourself!

Find your next cruise today 

Well, I just couldn't hold myself back

2 hours ago, Alastair Cruise said:

Reposting without travel agent's name. Not sure why I'm not permitted to mention them but rules are rules.

A quick update. My travel agent, phoned to say they have heard from Ambassador today (Thursday) that they will receive my refund "later today or tomorrow" and they will credit this back to my credit card same day as received.

Also an email from Ambassador yesterday to say (I think) that I should claim as much as possible  of my extra costs from my insurers and they will consider my claim for the balance in January.

So a little bit of progress in that both TA and Ambassador are talking to me personally now. Maybe my email about their respective responsibilities under The Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018  and my threat to send in Trading Standards officers from their respective councils over the 14 days rule made a difference? 

Not holding my breath though! In any case why should I be delighted that I'm going to get MY money back?

Thanks for the update Alastair - I hope you get everything you are asking for. Asking you to contact your Insurance provider is surely taking the Mickie, as insidecabin notes.

10 minutes ago, GlynnPW said:

Hi Albertina59 - well, they certainly didn't leave me dumbstruck 🙂 - I've heard nothing yet. But great to hear that Alastair has some movement. Hopefully better news all-round soon.

I did email the CEO again today (which once again didn't receive an acknowledgement) I have also shared a few feelings with them on their Instagram page.

Their post on 30 Nov reads:

Sail Away for Less 🚢💜

'Tis the season for gifting, so why not gift yourself a cruise? With up to 59% off all 2024 and 2025 season cruises all through December, there is no reason not to treat yourself!

Find your next cruise today 

Well, I just couldn't hold myself back

Or any of us ha ha. Am so gutted that we won’t all meet. My hubby and I had so looked forward to all the crack onboard. Lots of people just like us. Over the years we’ve met some lovely cruisers. We’re doing our best to make a special Xmas at home instead. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Albertina59 said:

Or any of us ha ha. Am so gutted that we won’t all meet. My hubby and I had so looked forward to all the crack onboard. Lots of people just like us. Over the years we’ve met some lovely cruisers. We’re doing our best to make a special Xmas at home instead. 

Yes, it would certainly have been lovely to meet and make new friends without all this dreadful baggage hovering over us at Christmas. We've been lucky enough to book a 3-day stay over Christmas in Padstow so we're looking forward to that (and it's only an hour away). However, Christmas in the Sun had been our dream and expectation since February. Maybe next time eh! And, maybe some of the Fellow Travellers here will be there too. I just wont be booking it with you know who!  Let's see what tomorrow brings (not holding my breath though)  🙂

We’re in St Ives so I guess we’re lucky as lots of tourists are pouring in for the festive season. Padstow is nice, you may even see Stein around the town. We are trying to think positive and wish things had worked out for us all. We plan to book something special once we get our money back. We’d booked catamaran trips and all sorts, hard not to dwell on what should have been. Anyway merry Xmas to all. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Alastair Cruise said:

If they push to your CC today it might be Wed before you can see it with the holiday weekend.

Bit of a cheek saying claim on insurance when they have the liability for losses.

• Like 1

I heard from them today and I'm told the refund 'has been actioned today'. They will indeed push it to my card, so we'll have a few more days to wait.

My 'out of pocket' expenses will be dealt with separately and they'll advise me of 'progress' by the end of January 2024.

No mention whatsoever of financial compensation (which took up a considerable portion of my original complaint). I'm not going to let that drop.

Most of the reply was repeated waffle with weird deflection wording. What do you make of this?:

As you already know, we had to make the difficult decision to cancel our planned Christmas and New Year sailing to the West Indies and Dutch Antilles. This was due to unforeseen circumstances that arose after we switched Ambition's scheduled operation to accommodate sailings originally planned for Ambience.  After?

I hope all my Fellow Travellers issues are resolved as soon as possible, and refunds and expenses recovered quickly. Let's keep the pressure on for compensation, because after all, as Alastair noted, we are only getting OUR OWN money back. Our loss of time, for the marvellous time we should be having NOW hasn't been appropriately recognised.

Let me know how you get on and do have a Merry Christmas 🙂 

Thanks Glynn, goodo.  As yet we’ve heard nothing.  Yes indeed their statement is incorrect.  Firstly because the ‘unforeseen’ circumstances were what necessitated changing the itinerary to Ambition. More worrying, I still suspect they had more notice of Ambience problems and should have notified us earlier. Water under the bridge, but leaves a sour taste. I feel we should all retain a united front in relation to compensation. Happy Christmas. Will let you know when we hear something. 

• Like 1

I’m sorry but I’m beginning to suspect that Ambassador don’t have the money to repay us. No one has  seen a penny from them. Yesterday Ambassador told my TA refunds would be made today. I’ve spoken to the “head of dispute resolution” at my TA just now. After a lot of toing and froing it has transpired that they did have some money from Ambassador today but my refund was not amongst it. A few more questions later revealed that the refunds received were not even to do with the Disposessed 800.  So no payout has been made from Tilbury.  Absolute scum of the earth. 
Head of Dispute Resulution at my TA is now on holiday until 2 Jan. 

• Like 1

OK Alastair, we will get our money back one way or another. Remember the escrow and the fact that we are all in the same boat (going nowhere admittedly,  but hey ho). There is ABTA and, as a final solution, the courts.  The important thing is to stick together and remain resolute. Please try to enjoy Christmas. I told the lady I spoke with that I shall be in touch again next week. We have just put up our Christmas tree and are trying to think positive, please do the same for your own sake. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pasty feet said:

OK Alastair, we will get our money back one way or another. Remember the escrow and the fact that we are all in the same boat (going nowhere admittedly,  but hey ho). There is ABTA and, as a final solution, the courts.  The important thing is to stick together and remain resolute. Please try to enjoy Christmas. I told the lady I spoke with that I shall be in touch again next week. We have just put up our Christmas tree and are trying to think positive, please do the same for your own sake. 

This is another example of how their treatment of us demonstrates a reasonable and just cause for financial compensation.

I understand Alastair's depth of feeling, given Ambassadors shoddy attitude and support towards us Option 6er's. However, I do believe like 'Pasty feet' that we will get our refunds, albeit way too late.  Take strength Fellow Travellers in the knowledge that we stick together. 

Thanks for your support, all. Yes it is getting to me though I know I’ll get my money back one way or the other. What I really object to is being lied to by Ambasdador or my travel agent or both. The travel agent can’t be bothered to press Ambassador on this so they are not representing me properly. 

Have a good Christmas. 🎄 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Alastair Cruise said:

I’m sorry but I’m beginning to suspect that Ambassador don’t have the money to repay us. No one has  seen a penny from them. Yesterday Ambassador told my TA refunds would be made today. I’ve spoken to the “head of dispute resolution” at my TA just now. After a lot of toing and froing it has transpired that they did have some money from Ambassador today but my refund was not amongst it. A few more questions later revealed that the refunds received were not even to do with the Disposessed 800.  So no payout has been made from Tilbury.  Absolute scum of the earth. 
Head of Dispute Resulution at my TA is now on holiday until 2 Jan. 

If you made payment to your TA then your TA is legally obliged to refund you, whether or not the cruise line has refunded them.

Also suggest that everyone who paid all or some of the money by credit card should immediately lodge a Section 75 claim with their credit card company.

https://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/consumers/complaints-can-help/credit-borrowing-money/goods-services-bought-credit

• Like 1

Hello Alastair and Glynn, be of good cheer. We have our refund. We booked direct and chivvied them yesterday. Yours will surely follow via your agent. Let’s convene very soon over compensation for expenses and disappointment. A happy Christmas to you both. 🧑‍🎄😀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello Albertina - Yes, good news here too. I have just checked and payment has arrived. Thanks for your alert. I checked several times this morning and saw nothing, so I guess this happened late in the day (and on a Saturday). Thank you for your alert, as I probably wouldn't have checked again today. They refunded the deposit and the final remittance separately. But hey it is there, and it ours once again. Phew!

Alastair and Pasty feet I hope this reassures you that it's on the way. Let us know.

I hope this news lifts some of the tension of dealing with Ambassador in the lead up to Christmas. But, if they think that's the end of it they can bloomin' well think again.

And yes we will convene re recompense in the New Year. Until then, my best festive wishes to my Fellow Travellers.