Connoisseur Club Questions

Whinenowine

So I'm sailing on the Grandeur next year and as a Regent newbie I've a question (questions, actually) on the Connoisseur Club.  First, are you allowed to bring your own cigars or must you purchase one at the club? Second, can you order any booze or are you limited to those listed on their menu?  And lastly, would anyone happen to have a recent cigar/bar menu from the Explorer/Splendor/Grandeur?  Thanks in advance!

Hello Whine!  I have spent many very pleasant hours in The Connoisseur Clubs over the years.  I was very disappointed when they removed the Club on Navigator several years ago (I think they needed extra space to enlarge the Coffee Connection...I though at the time that they should have reduced the size of the Fitness Center, instead! 🤪 ).

Most everyone brings their own cigars with them in their own travel humidors.  Regent does offer some limited varieties of cigars for sale onboard (they are stored in large humidors inside the CC).  But most everyone brings their own favorites/preferences with them.

I'm a little confused by your question of booze available in the CC.  Waiters/servers regularly stop into the CC throughout the day and will take your drink orders.  They're also coming in regularly to replace/clean ashtrays, and collect empty/used glasses/napkins, and put new books of matches out on the individual tables.  When they take your drink order, they'll go to the nearest open bar, get the drink you want, and bring it back to you in the CC.  On my way to the CC, I usually initially stop by the nearest bar on my way to the club, order my own drink, and take it with me to the club so I have a drink as soon as I enter the club.

You can order any booze in the Club (from one of the waiters who'll then bring it you) that you could otherwise order if you were sitting out at one of the bars/lounges anywhere else on the ship or through room service to your suite.  There are drink/bar menus sitting on each table in the CC and they're identical to the same bar menus that are sitting in every lounge on the ship.  On this forum you find that bar menus have been posted over time.  Most booze/beer/wine is "included" in the fare.  There are some premium brands that are also available for an extra cost (can be paid for with OBC's).

If there are any particular cigars that you like, I would advise you to buy them at home and bring them with you onboard.  Cigarettes are also available to purchase in the CC.  The cigar selection is relatively limited.  Most cigar smokers tend to "stick with what they regularly like/smoke.  Just like booze/wine, you can bring all these things (cigars/cigarettes) with you onboard free of any extra charge.  You'll find Regent cruising to be quite liberating!

Please feel free to follow up with any other questions you might have.  You'll find everyone on this forum to be quite helpful.  Regards.

• Like 2

Thanks @pingpong1 that's pretty much what I was looking for!  I only smoke a few cigars a month (living in the northeast limits my outdoor consumption), so when I partake I'm particular to brand and size (the fatter the better). Good to know I can just bring my travel humidor with me.

My drinks question was really around whether there is a limited and separate menu specific to the CC; sounds like the answer is 'no', which is what I was hoping for.  I normally sip bourbon with a cigar, but sometimes like tequila or even some wines. 

Looks like I'm going to love those sea days.  Thanks for the info!

1 hour ago, Whinenowine said:

Thanks @pingpong1 that's pretty much what I was looking for!  I only smoke a few cigars a month (living in the northeast limits my outdoor consumption), so when I partake I'm particular to brand and size (the fatter the better). Good to know I can just bring my travel humidor with me.

My drinks question was really around whether there is a limited and separate menu specific to the CC; sounds like the answer is 'no', which is what I was hoping for.  I normally sip bourbon with a cigar, but sometimes like tequila or even some wines. 

Whine - You're quite welcome.  I have met so many interesting folks in the CC over the years.  It's probably my favorite place on the ship?  The menus that are placed on table in the CC are identical to the menus you'll find out in the lounges.  Regards.

IMG_2997.thumb.jpeg.d080305ec0a8870a9539893f2f529a0d.jpeg

Here's a pic of some of the cigars aboard Splendor last December ('22). The cigars in the dark are Montecristo, Romeo & Julieta 1875 and Macanudo. There were others that were not pictured, but this gives you an idea of what they often carry. Of course, if you want your favorites, best to bring them with you to be sure. CC is a very nice place to spend an hour or two. I picked up this travel humidor on amazon and I'm happy with it. 

Screenshot2023-12-09at8_36_37PM.png.d32e6dbab0830beac7e744ddf14d3019.png

• Like 2

22 hours ago, macnoir said:

IMG_2997.thumb.jpeg.d080305ec0a8870a9539893f2f529a0d.jpeg

Here's a pic of some of the cigars aboard Splendor last December ('22). The cigars in the dark are Montecristo, Romeo & Julieta 1875 and Macanudo. There were others that were not pictured, but this gives you an idea of what they often carry. Of course, if you want your favorites, best to bring them with you to be sure. CC is a very nice place to spend an hour or two. I picked up this travel humidor on amazon and I'm happy with it. 

Screenshot2023-12-09at8_36_37PM.png.d32e6dbab0830beac7e744ddf14d3019.png

Thanks, @macnoir.  That dovetails nicely with what @pingpong1 stated above;  I think I'm better off BYOC'ing.  For 1week or less, I usually just use my Peter James carry case with a boveda humidity pack.  I'll bring 6 sticks even though I'm sure I'll only smoke 2-3 (offering the rest to smoking companions in the CC). These days I"m really into extra wide churchill-sized cigars.  54-55 gauge, but a little longer than a robusto.  I'm looking forward to it!

On 12/9/2023 at 3:46 PM, Whinenowine said:

Unrelated to cruising - join the Park Avenue Club in NJ to combine your love of cigars and drinking!