Back-to-Back QM2 and Suite Change between segments

stan01

2 hours ago, david,Mississauga said:

It was, I believe,  in 2018 when we had to transfer accommodation in New York. Our steward contacted the Housekeeping Manager who said no to the hanging trolley and apparently said that is no longer done. The steward said it was a recent change in policy and he was surprised the manager wouldn't allow an exception.

I'm pleased to read that the convenience has being restored - at least on some voyages. We have to change cabins next September on a Southampton-NY-Québec voyage.

When you mention New York I'm assuming the above experience was on QM2. There is one thing that irritates me with Cunard Line , there is often no consistency in the onboard service delivery across their fleet. 

I often wonder if some of these inconsistencies are a result of an individual Snr Manager on the day.

As I have mentioned in a previous post I witnessed the hanging trolley ( Q.Vic) in action in December 2022

I'd also like to mention in 2020  ( Queen Victoria South American cruise 78 days) after the first leg of the itinerary I transferred to another stateroom for the remainder of the cruise . The hanging trolley was certainly in evidence, transferring  my six Evening Jackets, Five suits plus dozens of shirts - Britannia category - solo guest 😉    

18 minutes ago, Bell Boy said:

When you mention New York I'm assuming the above experience was on QM2. There is one thing that irritates me with Cunard Line , there is often no consistency in the onboard service delivery across their fleet. 

I often wonder if some of these inconsistencies are a result of an individual Snr Manager on the day.

As I have mentioned in a previous post I witnessed the hanging trolley ( Q.Vic) in action in December 2022

I'd also like to mention in 2020  ( Queen Victoria South American cruise 78 days) after the first leg of the itinerary I transferred to another stateroom for the remainder of the cruise . The hanging trolley was certainly in evidence, transferring  my six Evening Jackets, Five suits plus dozens of shirts - Britannia category - solo guest 😉    

Yes, it was on the QM2 in Britannia class cabins. It was a Québec-NY-Southampton voyage which we are doing in reverse next year.  We are on Deck 13 in Britannia Club. Our "new" cabin is just five doors down the same corridor. If the occupants leave fairly early we can carry our own clothes on hangers if the ship's management won't permit the staff to do it.  But from some of the postings  there is hope.

• Like 1