Lisbon Disembarkation

EJL2023

This has probably been answered before and I apologize but what searches I tried did not bring up anything.  

We are potentially looking at a cruise which ends in Lisbon. The ship spends the last night of the cruise overnight in Lisbon also.  In looking at flights there is a 10:15 am flight out of Lisbon which would be ideal. If you have an overnight, what time are you able to depart the ship the last morning to catch a flight? We have never had an overnight in the disembarkation port before and was not sure how it worked on getting off. No issue and understand we would be on our own taking off luggage, etc.  Do you have to wait for the port authority to open for day so unknown? Thanks for any information.

Just now, EJL2023 said:

This has probably been answered before and I apologize but what searches I tried did not bring up anything.  

We are potentially looking at a cruise which ends in Lisbon. The ship spends the last night of the cruise overnight in Lisbon also.  In looking at flights there is a 10:15 am flight out of Lisbon which would be ideal. If you have an overnight, what time are you able to depart the ship the last morning to catch a flight? We have never had an overnight in the disembarkation port before and was not sure how it worked on getting off. No issue and understand we would be on our own taking off luggage, etc.  Do you have to wait for the port authority to open for day so unknown? Thanks for any information.

I cannot specifically speak about O, but we have been in that situation with other lines and could get off anytime once the ship has been.  The norm is that the gangway is open all night and you just walk off with your luggage.  If you need help with luggage we think most ships will help if you ask in advance.

Hank

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Hlitner said:

I cannot specifically speak about O, but we have been in that situation with other lines and could get off anytime once the ship has been.  The norm is that the gangway is open all night and you just walk off with your luggage.  If you need help with luggage we think most ships will help if you ask in advance.

Hank

Thanks for the information! 

We have actually done this on Oceania, it was in Bangkok a few years ago, to be absolutely sure before booking flights we contacted Oceania and got written confirmation it was allowed. We disembarked the afternoon on our arrival day.

By the way when/if taking a taxi to the airport discuss the fare first. We were on the highway to the airport when our driver took a  turning went through loads of backstreets before finally arriving there.

Needless to say our fare was way more than it should have been.

Rosalyn

Edited by cruiseaholic78

8 hours ago, cruiseaholic78 said:

We have actually done this on Oceania, it was in Bangkok a few years ago, to be absolutely sure before booking flights we contacted Oceania and got written confirmation it was allowed. We disembarked the afternoon on our arrival day.

By the way when/if taking a taxi to the airport discuss the fare first. We were on the highway to the airport when our driver took a  turning went through loads of backstreets before finally arriving there.

Needless to say our fare was way more than it should have been.

Rosalyn

Thanks, departing the ship the evening of arrival also crossed my mind since we have already spent quite some time in Lisbon on a prior visit a couple of years ago.  

I would suggest having your travel agent call Oceania to double check if this is OK.  This same situation happened to us on another cruise line (Crystal) and they came back with a no for an early morning departure from the ship. A few weeks later they changed their mind and allowed it. It is always good to make sure.

• Like 1