Half Moon Cay without any extras?

MinnesotaMommy

We are cruising on HAL and this will be our first time at a private island. If we don’t book any extras, what is the experience at HMC?  Are there loungers on the beach to use for free?  What is available for lunch or drinks?  If I have a drink package on the ship can that be used on the island?  I’m wondering if I should reserve one of the clamshells so we have a place to sit on the beach?

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/15/2023 at 8:05 PM, MinnesotaMommy said:

We are cruising on HAL and this will be our first time at a private island. If we don’t book any extras, what is the experience at HMC?  Are there loungers on the beach to use for free?  What is available for lunch or drinks?  If I have a drink package on the ship can that be used on the island?  I’m wondering if I should reserve one of the clamshells so we have a place to sit on the beach?

The island is beautiful and the clamshell is a good idea but the cabanas are even better and if you can get another couple to share the cost not all that expensive and come with lots of snacks etc. plus the lunch they serve to every one is pretty good.   Have a wonderful time.

I see that someone said the drinks package did not work but I am pretty sure that ours did so ask on the ship .  

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/15/2023 at 11:05 PM, MinnesotaMommy said:

Been there on both HAL and Carnival.  Imo, it has the best beach of the private islands that I have been to.  There are plenty of free loungers.  The further that you walk down the beach, the less crowed it will be.  HAL serves a better lunch than Carnival.

Down side is that you have to tender to the island.